Clinical Laboratory Scientist Signatera
Analyzes specimens and maintains equipment in good operating condition.
The shift schedule is from Fri-Mon 3pm -1:30am
• Verify the proper specimen being analyzed and perform tests that need to be completed
• Analyze clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures in an efficient manner
with little to no errors
• Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
• Follows GLP (good laboratory practice): maintain clean and organized work space
• Completes training and other deadlines on time.
• Go-to person when lead/supervisor is not available
• Train on specialized instructions for instruments/protocols (super users)
• Recognizes and escalates equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots common errors
• Recognizes, documents, and escalates protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
• Participates in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect
the current practices.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements through proper documentation
• Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data (if applicable)
• Maintains equipment and instruments in good operating condition
• Communicates with team and other departments (including via e-mail)
• Provides feedback on day-to-day schedule and tasks to lead/supervisor; offers suggestions/ideas for
• Assists teammates in completing daily tasks
• Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner; acts as a role model/mentor to others
• Adheres to Departmental Expectations
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various
technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance
training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
• Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Technologist or equivalent in a clinical laboratory environment.
• BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, or related field
• Current California CLS license or CGMBS license (Clinical Genetics Molecular Biology Scientist)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, troubleshooting, and pipetting skills.
• Experience in Molecular Biology.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Word processing and data management skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties typically performed in BSL-2 lab
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
• Duties may require working weekends and overtime
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?