Software Engineer in Reliability
At Natera we work every day to revolutionize the standard of care with next-generation, cell-free DNA testing. The customer experience for our offerings is integral to providing the best care to our patients. This role will be at the core to keep up the high standard that we are holding to ourselves by keeping our customer-facing applications reliable.
Identify patterns and opportunities to make applications more stable through automations, code changes etc.
Enhance application observability by optimizing metrics, logs and traces.
Perform code fixes for problem resolution and production deployments with minimum supervision.
Do root cause analysis of critical production issues and plan and execute corresponding resolution steps.
Conducting critical issue postmortem (follow up) meetings to engage relevant stakeholders like application team, production support and infrastructure teams.
Build tools to go from repeatable to automated quickly.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Ability to decompose complex systems and find failure scenarios.
- Ability to write complex SQL statements.
- Strong empathy for the end user and a passion for user experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail is crucial.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on with Development to Production processes including testing, version control tools like git and experience with continuous integration, deployments, etc.
- Good hands-on experience in Linux, Containers, Scripting and SQL.
- Demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to addressing issues and finding creative solutions.
- Must demonstrate strong work ethic, work well under pressure and stressful circumstances.
- Willingness to work on-call.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?