Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
A Mobile Phlebotomist serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood; preparing specimens for laboratory testing; and packing and shipping procedures
- Verifies test orders by comparing information with requisition forms, bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel.
- Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule, identifying, and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting Natera’s mobile phlebotomy team; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying Natera of unresolved orders.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances phlebotomy department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) to perform the job.
- The mobile phlebotomist is responsible for updating job statuses and adding tracking information in Skedulo.
- Employees must complete training relating to Procedure Policies (SOPs) as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Missing information completion on requisitions
- Logistical management/printing of patient reports for that area
- Billing question answering/triaging and follow-up with patients
- Scheduling pick ups from courier services - FedEx or Medspeed
- National Phlebotomy Certification may be required depending on the state of practice
- Minimum of 2 years of phlebotomy experience
- RN/BS/BA degree (preferred)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to serve and protect the mobile phlebotomy community by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work in a mobile/remote setting with scrubs and closed toed shoes required.
- Proper PPE including but not limited to; facemask, perform hand hygiene, and gloves. - The position requires tracking of each draw.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?