Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory (MLS) Extractions
- Responsible for day-to-day staffing/scheduling/setting up sample run schedules.
- Ensures production work is consistently completed according to department goals.
- Ensures all case samples are processed and accounted for. • Monitors team members to ensure adherence to SOPs and safety procedures
- Oversees training for new hires: works in conjunction with lead to train new hires.
- Document nonconformance reports and all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the established performance specifications as needed. Escalates protocol deviation to lead/supervisor.
- Assists manager in initiating and completing CAPAs.
- Handles employee issues. Collaborates with Manager to resolve issues.
- Ensures alignment with team for reasoning behind instructions/processes, changes that are made, why certain ideas cannot be implemented effectively.
- Meets regularly with individual team members to discuss goals and progress.
- Responsible for staff performance reviews.
- Plans and leads shift meetings
- Keeps team morale up and maintains professionalism of team members, including by acting as role model.
- Adheres to Departmental Expectations • Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements through documentation, audits, and corrective action.
- Go-to person when manager is not present.
- Assists the team in day to day lab work.
- Approves timecards and PTO requests
- Escalates lab issues and team concerns to manager. Communicates the problem and suggests possible solutions.
- Understands the entire lab process and can identify and troubleshoot issues when they arise.
- Understands when and how to escalate issues appropriately.
- Makes sure the goals set by manager for the team are being met in the lab.
- Performs and completes side projects assigned by the manager.
- Actively interacts with interdepartmental teams such as OPS, Accessioning, Extractions, Engineering, Stats, R&D, and Support.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
- Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist or equivalent in a clinical laboratory environment.
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, or a related field
- Current MT/MLS/CLS certification preferable from ASCP, AMT, or AAB.
- Proven leadership experience
- Able to take on projects with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, troubleshooting, and pipetting skills.
- Experience in Molecular Biology, GMP, and QSR.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Word processing and data management skills.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.