Consumables Sales Representative, Japan
Our Mission is to Map the Universe of Biology.
Improving the human condition is what fuels our passion for finding new ways of enabling scientific exploration. As a company, we strive to create end-to-end solutions that are simpler, easier, faster and more relevant to today’s life science challenges.
As the pioneer in the field of spatial biology, NanoString enables scientists across the globe to envision molecular interactions in three dimensions with three different systems, the nCounter® Analysis System, the GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP) and the CosMx™ Spatial Molecular Imager (SMI) platform. As a result, scientists can see the multiomic expression of genes and proteins in the natural context of tissue structure.
Since our founding in 2003, we have earned a reputation as a respected, trusted pioneer of innovative technologies that support our customers in their relentless pursuit of answers. Our products are based on a novel digital molecular barcoding technology invented at the Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) in Seattle under the direction of Dr. Leroy Hood.
With our technologies, our customers continue to extend our understanding of biology to answer previously unsolvable questions with consistent, reliable results.
However, NanoString is much more than innovative products. The secret sauce to the company’s success is our people, who are committed to excellence and dedicated to catalyzing the next biological revolution. Collectively, we live our corporate values of ambition, grit, ingenuity, authenticity, and customers every day…and never stop asking “What if?”Job Summary:
The Consumables Sales Representative (CSR) is responsible for driving consumable sales and serving as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries. S/he manages the sales process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include engaging with existing customers, generating new sales leads, introducing customers to the NanoString products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiating and coordinating with manufacturing to ensure delivery of products, and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. This individual works closely with Regional Account Manager to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific territory. This is a field-based sales role located in a specific geography and requires travel (50%).
Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. Genetics, molecular biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
S. degree in molecular biology or a related field a strong plus.
2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product preferred.
Solid fundamental understanding of genomics or molecular biology.
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist customers.
Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using NanoString products.
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience working with Sales Force or CRM database a plus.
Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
- Drive strategic sales activities that result in consumable revenue at new and existing accounts.
- Engage with existing customers and generate new sales leads.
- Establish new customers in Academic and Biotech markets
- Maintain/grow consumable revenue at existing customer accounts.
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation, customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable opportunities.
- Initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Manage trade show leads and their respective qualifications.
- Manage a consumables forecast and implement strategies to address any gaps to plan.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.