EMEA Logistics Lead
Our Mission is to Map the Universe of Biology.
Improving the human condition is what fuels our passion for finding new ways of enabling scientific exploration. As a company, we strive to create end-to-end solutions that are simpler, easier, faster and more relevant to today’s life science challenges.
As the pioneer in the field of spatial biology, NanoString enables scientists across the globe to envision molecular interactions in three dimensions with three different systems, the nCounter® Analysis System, the GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP) and the CosMx™ Spatial Molecular Imager (SMI) platform. As a result, scientists can see the multiomic expression of genes and proteins in the natural context of tissue structure.
Since our founding in 2003, we have earned a reputation as a respected, trusted pioneer of innovative technologies that support our customers in their relentless pursuit of answers. Our products are based on a novel digital molecular barcoding technology invented at the Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) in Seattle under the direction of Dr. Leroy Hood.
With our technologies, our customers continue to extend our understanding of biology to answer previously unsolvable questions with consistent, reliable results.
However, NanoString is much more than innovative products. The secret sauce to the company’s success is our people, who are committed to excellence and dedicated to catalyzing the next biological revolution. Collectively, we live our corporate values of ambition, grit, ingenuity, authenticity, and customers every day…and never stop asking “What if?”Job Summary:
As the Logistics Lead, EMEA you will be subject matter expert supporting Nanostring logistics operations in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region. As the subject matter expert, you will facilitate, guide, and manage the execution and delivery of shipments in the EMEA region. Operations include but are not limited to standard and nonstandard operations such as expedites, internal transfers, production control, instrument shipping, WMS transactions and WMS systems management. Not only will you be a key partner for our customers, but also our internal stakeholders such as the Nanostring Sales, Customer Experience, Manufacturing and R&D teams. As a key leader, you will gather, analyze, and report information and data to our senior leadership team in order to facilitate business decisions and continuous improvement.
- Able to perform all logistics ERP and WMS functions in NAV.
- Able to provide subject matter expertise across all facets of NanoString Logistics to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to provide direction to resolve shipping issues between Nanostring, the 3rd party logistics provider, and other freight partners.
- Able to provide direction and make decisions on behalf of Logistics in the best interests of NanoString and NanoString customers.
- Drive optimization and process improvements in the execution of EMEA logistics operations critical to NanoString success.
- Serves as the primary liaison between logistics and logistics services regarding statement of work, services levels, and general expectations in relation to contracted services.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships across groups and with individuals at all levels, resulting in trust, alignment, cooperation, and mutual support in achieving corporate goals.
- Tracks and publishes key performance indicators, logistics metrics, and associated dashboards to the broader organization.
- Able to navigate ERP and WMS systems to receive, put away, transfer and manager inbound goods and products across multiple modes, temperature ranges and inventory locations.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- Experience with warehouse and logistics systems (WMS, ERP, TMS)
- 4+ years of progressive professional experience in warehousing, transportation, or logistics operations. Preferably in biology, healthcare, or biotech industries.
- International shipping experience required: freight forwarding, customs clearance, and international shipping coordination.
- Cold chain material handling experience preferred.
- Familiar with transportation operation to include: Air, TL, LTL, and parcel shipping.
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple priorities and projects with critical deadlines; exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Lean and/or six sigma training preferred.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with leadership and operations teams and influence change through comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to be on rotating call for emergencies.