Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get cures to patients sooner.
We’re developing a machine that fully automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology. Cells are used to discover and develop new drugs, and now they're being used to cure cancer too. Mytos has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
- We believe that as an Engineering Technician, you’d be hard pressed to find a more interesting and impactful problem to work on. We’d love to hear from you if you think you would enjoy
- Working alongside our engineering team to assemble/commission new prototypes, our machines & our fluidic consumables.
- Responding to and diagnosing equipment breakdowns / assembly problems, resolving issues and actioning repairs.
- Working closely with our engineering team in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance.
- Helping shape our assembly engineering culture and processes so that we keep continually improving. You’ll enjoy the autonomy, accountability and customer-focus that we bring to our work.
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration across the whole team, which includes two Forbes 30 under 30 founders, ex-Dyson engineers, rock climbers and Nature-published scientists
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You're a fast learner and a great communicator who can support the engineering needs of the team and may come from a variety of technical backgrounds. .
- You take great pride in a high level of craftsmanship in the work you do.
- You’ve set up new processes & have fabrication experience.
- You have experience of soldering & preparation of cable harnessing to a high level of quality.
- You have excellent IT skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Lunch covered daily
- Collaborative team environment with very high potential to learn new skills
- 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Awesome colleagues and an office in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
- Because of the device assembly aspect of this role, we are unable to support remote-first working and potential colleagues must be happy to work from our lab.
- Traveling to customer sites (national and international) may be occasionally required.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues from broad scientific/engineering backgrounds and who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users