TypeScript Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2022
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get cures to patients sooner
We’re developing a machine that fully automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology. Cells are used to discover and develop new drugs, and now they're being used to cure cancer too. Mytos has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Work in cross-functional teams, across the product development life-cycle
- Work on a well-defined roadmap, with product managers, engineers and designers, to define, build and implement new features
- Write highly performant, well tested Typescript code that controls the fluidic system, improve the communication layer between device and cloud and implement new protocol design to help unlock the massive potential of the device
- Be involved in technical decisions, for example how services on the device communicate with one another and the cloud
- Contribute to our culture of continuous improvement and experimentation, helping us define best practices for writing device software, especially taking common failure modes like power outages and internet connectivity into account
We’d love to hear from people who:
- Are able to reason about physical systems and fluid dynamics
- Demonstrate an interest in hardware and physical systems, either commercially, academically or as a maker
- Have well developed opinions about lunch, and what time it should be taken
We use the following technologies:
- Frontend (Netlify): React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Storybook, MaterialUI
- Backend (AWS & Heroku): NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, MongoDB
- Physical Device (on-premise): NodeJS, Typescript, FastAPI, Python, MQTT
- Firmware: C++, GTest, GMock, Bazel, Platformio
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We get very excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include stock options, 32 days holiday, pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.