Junior Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2022
You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's the position we find ourselves in. Join us, and you’ll unleash scientists, accelerate their research and help get cures to patients sooner
We’re developing a machine that fully automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology. Cells are used to discover and develop new drugs, and now they're being used to cure cancer too. Mytos has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Mytos teammates here: Team
Mytos is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Contribute to saving 1000s of hours of work by automating one of the most tedious manual processes in biology, collaborating with other biotechs that are at the cutting edge of the field
- Choose what projects you want to work on- teaming up in small groups with biologists and mechanical engineers alongside our software team to solve core problems
- Upskill across the board, from high quality code mentorship to even donning a lab coat and be trained on the nuances of stem cells, the basics of fluid mechanics and even culturing human cells on your own
- Write code that you can immediately see the impact- testing on our prototype in our own lab
- Be trusted to get the work done with flexible working hours
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Are early in your software career and want to join an environment that gives you the chance to grow quickly
- Have demonstrated technical promise so far in your studies or work
- Want to work on difficult technical challenges in a field that will define the biggest scientific advancement this century
- You care about being part of a team that values supporting each other as much as producing quality work
We use the following technologies:
- Frontend (Netlify): React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Storybook, Radix, Apollo, Jotai, TanStack
- Backend (AWS & Heroku): NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, MQTT, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Python
- Physical Device (on-premise): NodeJS, Typescript, FastAPI, Python, MQTT
- Firmware: C++, GTest, GMock, Bazel, Platformio
Our interview process is as follows:
- Take home Codility coding challenge (2 hours)
- Introductory call with a Mytos team member (30 minutes)
- Take home preparation for architecture presentation (2 hours)
- Remote system architecture presentation (2 hours)
- Lunch wit the team, technical onsite and founder interview (3 hours)
- Reference checks
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems. We learn together, grow together and solve hard problems together.
We get very excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include options, 32 days holiday (including bank holidays, pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
We currently do not sponsor visa for our junior roles.