Software Engineer - Summer / Fall 2023
About Multiply Labs
At Multiply Labs, our mission is to be the gold standard technology for the manufacturing of individualized drugs. We develop advanced, cloud-controlled robotic systems to enable the industrial scale production of medicines that are tailored to the needs of each patient. Founded by two PhDs at MIT, our expertise and approach is pushing boundaries at the intersection of robotics and biopharma. Our talented, collaborative team includes mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, computer scientists, software engineers and pharmaceutical scientists. We are a Series A-funded startup based in San Francisco and backed by top-tier tech and life sciences investors, including Casdin Capital, Lux Capital, Y Combinator, and Pathfinder (Founders Fund’s early stage investment vehicle). To learn more and to view a video of our robots in action, visit us at: www.multiplylabs.com
As a Software Engineer on the Multiply Labs team, you will apply your problem-solving skills in a highly collaborative team to deliver production ready software that will shape the future of personalized medicine and cell therapy systems.
In this role, you will help build the foundations of a new codebase which spans from the local system, all the way up into the cloud where we manage the data, deployments, and security of our robotic clusters. You will own a significant portion of the design and implementation of key components of the stack. Working closely with our robotics teams, you will problem solve, influence requirements, test, and iterate.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a fast-paced, highly technical start-up environment and you may wear multiple hats from time to time, from hands-on work to brainstorming solutions with other teams. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced cloud tools and architectures for the remote management of real-world robotic fleets.
As a member of our Software team, you will:
- Design, build, deploy, troubleshoot and maintain high-quality software in production.
- Collaborate with robotics teams to produce a robust, efficient and compliant robotic system.
- Actively contribute to the automated test suite for continuous integration.
- Troubleshoot problems across the complete software stack.
- Ability to collaborate on a software stack spanning multiple cloud and local modules with security, performance and reliability at the forefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer science fundamentals and best practices.
- Ability to debug, diagnose and resolve complex bugs across the stack
- Passionate, curious, and eager to learn.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication and collaboration skills with a growth and learning mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated with attention to details and quality.
- Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic fast growing startup environment.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Python and infrastructure as code.
- Experience with frontend technologies and frameworks, ideally React.
- Experience with cloud technologies (ideally AWS).
Something looks off?