R&D Robotics Engineer - Summer / Fall 2023
About Multiply Labs
At Multiply Labs, our mission is to be the gold standard technology for the manufacturing of individualized drugs. We develop advanced, cloud-controlled robotic systems to enable the industrial scale production of medicines that are tailored to the needs of each patient. Founded by two PhDs at MIT, our expertise and approach is pushing boundaries at the intersection of robotics and biopharma. Our talented, collaborative team includes mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, computer scientists, software engineers and pharmaceutical scientists. We are a Series A-funded startup based in San Francisco and backed by top-tier tech and life sciences investors, including Casdin Capital, Lux Capital, Y Combinator, and Pathfinder (Founders Fund’s early stage investment vehicle). To learn more and to view a video of our robots in action, visit us at: www.multiplylabs.com
As a R&D Robotics Engineer on the R&D team at Multiply Labs you will work on developing robotics systems that will shape the future of personalized medicine and cell therapy solutions.
In this position, you will lead the ideation, development and testing of new edge solutions and control software for distributed robotics systems that are at the core of our value proposition. You will own the design and implementation from initial architecture and safety design to testing, release and problem solving. You will collaborate closely with our Clinical Engineers, Scientists, and with our Mechatronics teams.
You will be part of a fast-paced, highly technical start-up environment and you may wear multiple hats from time to time, from hands-on work to brainstorming solutions with other teams.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate on the definition, development, and testing of highly scalable, reliable and fault tolerant server-side and client-side applications
- Contribute to defining requirements and specifications, verification plans and risk management approaches
- Work concurrently with the HW team and design engineers in defining architectural requirements and components selection
- Research and propose algorithms and new technologies
- Ideate, implement and demonstrate innovative solutions for solving complex and sometimes ambiguous challenges, collaborating cross functionally with cloud SW and embedded systems teams
- Participate in the technical development, engage in code reviews, identify trade-offs, propose continuous improvements and lead implementation of identified investigations
Key Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or related field
- Experience developing software for robotics or automation systems
- Fluent in modern C/C++ and Python
- Experience with low-level drivers like motor controls/firmware development
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and JIRA.
- Experience researching, reading and implementing published research.
Key Teamwork Skill Requirements
- A self-starter comfortable working in a fast paced, technically challenging startup company environment.
- Very organized, and detail oriented.
- Able to handle multiple project and task assignments simultaneously.
- Able to clearly express your ideas and design details in meetings, team presentations, white board brainstorming sessions, and in various technical documentation.
Additional Qualifications – Considered a plus
- Experience working on Medical/Bio-tech devices or an FDA regulated industry
- Experience with Simulations tools such as Matlab, Simulink, multi-body simulation tools
- Experience Implementing complex algorithms with efficient and optimized code
- Understanding of mechatronics and actuated systems requirements
- Software development experience in a Linux environment working in collaboration with hardware and cloud teams
- Experience writing software interfaces to a variety of sensors and actuators using common communication protocols
Something looks off?