Senior Research Associate/Scientist, Biochemistry & Biophysics
MOMA Therapeutics is looking for a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate/Scientist
Imagine joining a company where you….
- Will be part of an experienced and resilient team that is collectively unstoppable, trusts one another, and selflessly collaborates
- Will work with incredible humans who are committed to the discovery of transformative medicines for patients
- Are needed… because patients are counting on you
About MOMA Therapeutics
At MOMA Therapeutics, we are motivated by a single common goal, to discover and develop innovative new medicines for patients through our singular focus: the therapeutic targeting of molecular machines.
In this role you will…
- Develop and execute novel biochemical and biophysical assays to enable discovery and follow-up of small molecule modulators of novel enzyme targets.
- Explore novel technologies to supplement our drug discovery capabilities and demonstrate cross-target translatability of new chemical matter.
- Interpret and communicate decision-making data for cutting edge drug discovery programs aimed at modulating molecular machines.
- Collaborate with and learn from proven drug discovery experts in biochemistry, biophysics, and protein chemistry.
- You have a BS/MS in biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field and 3+ years relevant professional experience, or a PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field.
- A strong track record of contributing to drug discovery projects using biochemistry, biophysics, or enzymology, and enjoy working in the lab.
- Expertise in utilizing fluorescent-based techniques such as FRET/TR-FRET, luminescence (ADP-Glo), and fluorescence polarization assays to monitor binding or enzymatic functions.
- Experience with biophysical techniques such as SPR, DSF, MST, or ITC is a plus.
- You have experience or interest in enzymology and the ability to characterize the mechanisms of both enzymes and small molecule modulators.
- You consider yourself a team player who listens effectively, invites feedback, and participates in active discussion.
- We can train a motivated individual in the biochemical and biophysical techniques that we use to build on the existing skills that you will bring to MOMA.
- You work hard, you are kind to others, and you enjoy being a part of a collaborative team that gets stuff done.
- You like to build new things and bring your creativity to work with you.
- You enjoy being in an environment where data drives the direction of the science.
MOMA Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of MOMA about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at MOMA via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of MOMA, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by MOMA for this position and a valid agreement with MOMA is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the MOMA agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.