Neurologic Music Therapist - Clinical Internship
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 7, 2022
MedRhythms Therapy is a comprehensive neuro-rehab company that provides neurologic music therapy specializing in the use of music to induce brain plasticity and aid in neuro-recovery. The company focuses on this intersection between music, neuroscience, and technology, providing interventions to achieve optimum outcomes in sensorimotor, speech & language, and cognitive goals in patients.
MedRhythms started in 2013 and since then has conducted over 30,000 hours of direct patient care through in-home care and contracting with facilities in the Northeast. The company built the program at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, a top ranking RehabilitationHospital in the U.S. and Harvard Medical School affiliate, in Boston. This program is now the most comprehensive program of its kind in the country, providing services across the healthcare continuum from inpatient, outpatient, in-home, and telehealth.
The clinical practice continues to grow and demonstrate profound clinical outcomes, however, the demand for services is far greater than our practice can supply. This demand led to an innovative plan to provide further access through launching a digital therapeutics platform. This platform is designed to fulfill our mission of improving the lives of those afflicted with neurologic injury or disease.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Complete 1040 hours with ~900 of direct clinical care
- Develop and demonstrate a basic understanding of neurologic populations, NMT research, neuroanatomy, neuroscience of music that supports NMT interventions
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of professional roles and duties and develop working relationships with other disciplines in client treatment programs. Examples: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Respiratory Therapy, Nurses, Doctors, etc.
- Observe and facilitate co-treatment, individual and group assessments and sessions using NMT interventions.
- Develop treatment plans and set goals/objectives for patients.
- Increase knowledge on standardized assessments and be able to articulate the importance of measuring progress of patient goals.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team, patient and family members about the uses and benefits of NMT.
- Complete documentation on all sessions provided.
- Demonstrates strong clinical musicianship
- Attend and participate in supervision
- Conduct an in-service about NMT
- Maintain patient confidentiality as mandated by HIPAA.
We’re looking for you to bring
- Working towards a degree in Music Therapy
- Strong clinical skills in administering NMT interventions
- Ability to be flexible and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Self-Motivated, possessing grit and energy
- Dedication and commitment to MedRhythms’ mission of access and improving patient care
What we can offer you
Meaningful, purpose driven work on a life-changing product
Collaborative, supportive, smart and fun team
Competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees : Medical, dental, vision, disability, bonus potential, paid parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the talent selection process, please reach out to email@example.com.