Neurologic Music Therapist
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 7, 2022
MedRhythms Therapy is a comprehensive neuro-rehab company that provides neurologic music therapy specializing in the use of music to induce brain plasticity and aid in neuro-recovery. The company focuses on this intersection between music, neuroscience, and technology, providing interventions to achieve optimum outcomes in sensorimotor, speech & language, and cognitive goals in patients.
MedRhythms started in 2013 and since then has conducted over 30,000 hours of direct patient care through in-home care and contracting with facilities in the Northeast. The company built the program at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, a top ranking RehabilitationHospital in the U.S. and Harvard Medical School affiliate, in Boston. This program is now the most comprehensive program of its kind in the country, providing services across the healthcare continuum from inpatient, outpatient, in-home, and telehealth.
The clinical practice continues to grow and demonstrate profound clinical outcomes, however, the demand for services is far greater than our practice can supply. This demand led to an innovative plan to provide further access through launching a digital therapeutics platform. This platform is designed to fulfill our mission of improving the lives of those afflicted with neurologic injury or disease.
MedRhythms is looking for a passionate and driven Neurologic Music Therapist to join their fast-growing clinical team in Boston. This position will be responsible for providing high-quality Neurologic Music Therapy to a range of clients of all ages and different neurologic diagnoses. The position will facilitate individual and group sessions, and will work both in-home and within our partnering hospital facilities, including Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Top Rehabilitation Hospital in the U.S.), which can include inpatient, outpatient, long-term medical, and community settings as well as teletherapy.
- Demonstrate knowledge in various diagnoses related to neurological injury or disease (i.e. TBI, stroke, PD, MS, DOC, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge in various clinical presentations resulting from a neurologic injury or disease (i.e. aphasia, apraxia, left neglect, gait deficits, etc.).
- Conduct an individual evaluation/assessment and develop a treatment plan using appropriate assessment tools with individualized therapeutic nonmusical goals and objectives.
- Implement NMT interventions within the sensorimotor, speech and language, and cognitive domains.
- Evaluate patient/client progress through progress reports and documentation of sessions.
- Update goals/objectives as needed when met within the treatment plan and complete discharge summaries when appropriate.
- Develop “in-home” programs and resources for patients/clients to complete individually.
- Communicate and consult with interdisciplinary teams, parents/guardians, caregivers, other professionals as needed within therapeutic scope about progress.
- Collaborate within an interdisciplinary team to provide the highest quality of care to our patients/clients.
- Provide NMT sessions effectively across the healthcare continuum including: telehealth, in-home, outpatient, and inpatient.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as mandated by HIPAA.
- Clean/sanitize instruments and/or equipment with appropriate materials.
- Attend and participate in supervision as requested and recommended by the Clinical Director/Supervisor.
- Attend professional development opportunities to maintain credential and advance clinical skills.
- Provide presentations/ in-services to various audiences about NMT and those that MedRhythms serves.
We’re looking for you to bring
- Must hold MT-BC credential and NMT credential (NMT/F Preferred)
- Strong clinical skills in administering NMT interventions
- Ability to be flexible and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication Skills
- Self-Motivated, possessing grit and energy
- Dedication and commitment to MedRhythms’ mission of access and improving patient care
- Must have a vehicle and be willing to drive to clients
What we can offer you
Meaningful, purpose driven work on a life-changing product
Collaborative, supportive, smart and fun team
Competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees : Medical, dental, vision, disability, bonus potential, paid parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the talent selection process, please reach out to email@example.com.