Senior Research Associate, Plasmid Process Development (NATx)
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate, Plasmid Process Development (NATx) who will be conducting activities for mRNA plasmid design and production at Mammoth. In this role, the successful candidate will be contributing to the mRNA implementation of Mammoth’s proprietary CRISPR nuclease systems, supporting the design and production of candidates for a variety of therapeutic indications. In addition, the SRA, Plasmid PD will be responsible for in-house process development, production, and quality control of plasmids to support Mammoth’s ex vivo and in vivo studies.
- Establish methodologies to produce, purify, and QC plasmid candidates for multiple therapeutic programs, including complex mRNA encoding sequences
- Support internal efforts to improve upon broader plasmid platform and develop robust processes
- Produce plasmids to support therapeutic programs according to quality criteria and timelines
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of industry experience or Master's in Biology, Bioprocess, or related discipline
- Direct experience running and developing processes with microbial fermentation in glass or single-use bioreactor systems (eg AMBR or Biostat)
- Hands on experience with multiple bioprocess techniques, including depth filtration, tangential flow filtration (TFF), and chromatography (AKTA)
- Relevant research in an industry or academic setting, with a focus on microbial process development
- Experience in mRNA or AAV drug development and/or platform development
- Experience in a broad range of nucleic acid detection and characterization methodologies (e.g., CE, HPLC, RT-PCR, etc.)
- Relevant experience in regulatory filings, standards, and classification of drug products
- A foundation in experimental documentation, basic statistical analysis and data presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $90,250 - $105,735
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.