Senior Director of CNS/Neuromuscular Disorders - Gene Editing
Sales & Business Development
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2022
As Senior Director, CNS/Neuromuscular Disorders - Gene Editing, you will be leading our preclinical gene editing projects in the rare CNS and neuromuscular disease space. In this role, you and your team will be advancing optimized candidates from early development to in vivo models and towards clinical studies. In addition, you will be interacting with Early Research, Screening and Assay Development, Viral Delivery, Non-Viral Delivery, mRNA Technologies, Gene Specificity, and in vivo Pharmacology teams as you lead the team to generate data on for efficacy, safety and mechanism of action of our novel therapeutic candidates.
- Manage a diverse team of scientists applying our genome editing platform to address disease in the CNS and neuromuscular space
- Execute preclinical in vitro experiments to support optimization and drug product development, and employ relevant rodent or non-human primate models to characterize gene editing candidates
- Lead multiple rare genetic CNS and neuromuscular disease projects teams from proof-of-concept to development candidates
- Supervise the development of in vitro and in vivo functional assays to assess the deliver, safety and efficacy of our therapeutics
- Present data to management, cross-functional project teams, and external partners
- Propose and integrate methodologies, technologies, and hypotheses to advance the projects and deliver high-quality data
- PhD in a life sciences discipline and 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience with small molecule, gene therapy or nucleic acid therapy modalities for neuromuscular and/or CNS diseases
- Deep knowledge of genetic CNS and/or neuromuscular diseases and relevant in vitro and animal models of disease, including target disease validation
- Experience with gene therapy delivery systems (viral and non-viral)
- Experience managing and mentoring colleagues to successfully achieve objectives under tight timelines and with changing priorities
- Experience with advanced primary in vitro cell culture systems
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies
- Bioassay development, optimization, and validation
- Experience with supporting IND-enabling efforts and communications with regulatory agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $205,200 - $262,500
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.
See more open positions at Mammoth Biosciences
Something looks off?