Scientist I/II Molecular Biology & Protein Expression
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Lycia Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company leveraging its lysosomal targeting chimera (LYTAC) platform from Founder and Chemistry Nobel Laureate 2022, Carolyn Bertozzi, to discover and develop first-in-class therapeutics that degrade extracellular and membrane-bound proteins. Lycia’s next generation degraders harness the cell’s endogenous lysosomal trafficking and degradation machinery with the potential to degrade targets previously considered to be intractable, across a spectrum of indications. After raising $105 million in capital in 2021, Lycia is advancing an internal pipeline of novel degraders and has entered a strategic collaboration with Eli Lilly to address key unmet medical needs. Lycia is headquartered in South San Francisco.
Visit https://lyciatx.com/ for more information.
We are currently looking for an experienced and highly motivated PhD-level Scientist to join our Protein Engineering and Expression group. The Scientist will focus on molecular design, cloning and vector construction, protein engineering, and protein expression in mammalian and bacterial cells. The Scientist will collaborate in building innovative biologics to direct the therapeutic potential of protein degradation.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of antibody design and protein expression and will contribute to advancing our therapeutic programs from discovery to the pre-clinical stage. Solid experience with producing various bispecific and multi-specific antibody formats is crucial.
We are also looking for candidates who have a strong interest in technology development, who are independent and self-motivated, who value confidence in deliverables, and can drive a project to completion under tight timelines.
- Support and manage internal collaborations in one or more multi-disciplinary programs by designing then producing biologics that harness key cellular mechanisms of protein degradation
- Initiate the molecular design and cloning of protein expression constructs with a high level of proficiency using guide software such as SnapGene or similar
- Develop project-specific experimental strategies
- Assist with training lab members including Research Associates
- Contribute to writing and presenting your research results
- Solid understanding of antibody design and protein expression and ability to contribute to advancing our therapeutic programs from discovery to the pre-clinical stage
- Solid experience with producing various bispecific and multi-specific antibody formats is crucial
- Ability to initiate the molecular design and cloning of protein expression constructs with a high level of proficiency using guide software such as SnapGene or similar
- Strong expertise in state of the art technologies for recombinant DNA manipulation including but not limited to Gibson cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, codon optimization, and gene synthesis is required
- Familiarity with antibody campaigns and display technologies is a plus
- Ability to execute transient and stable cell transfections for generating recombinant proteins and antibodies, ensuring the highest product quality. This would include extensive experience with transient transfections in Expi293 and CHO cells at > 100 mL scale for recombinant protein and antibody expression
- Experience with establishing routine CHO stable bulkpools is a plus
- An understanding of industry workflows and CRO relationships is preferred. Comfort with registering work in an electronic laboratory notebook is a must
- Experience in accessing primary literature to incorporate new ideas and technologies into our current methodologies is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status