Principal/Senior Scientist, Pharmacokinetics/Modeling and Simulation
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 2, 2023
Lycia Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company leveraging its lysosomal targeting chimera (LYTAC) platform from Founder and Chemistry Nobel Laureate 2022, Carolyn Bertozzi, to discover and develop first-in-class therapeutics that degrade extracellular and membrane-bound proteins. Lycia’s next generation degraders harness the cell’s endogenous lysosomal trafficking and degradation machinery with the potential to degrade targets previously considered to be intractable, across a spectrum of indications. After raising $105 million in capital in 2021, Lycia is advancing an internal pipeline of novel degraders and has entered a strategic collaboration with Eli Lilly to address key unmet medical needs. Lycia is headquartered in South San Francisco.
Visit https://lyciatx.com/ for more information.
Lycia Therapeutics is seeking a team-oriented Principal/Senior Scientist with a strong pharmacokinetics background to help develop novel small molecule and protein-based therapeutics. As a Pharmacokinetics Scientist, you will utilize your experience to further characterize the novel kinetics of our new therapeutic modality and build complex models that inform study designs and decision-making throughout the drug development process. At Lycia, you will be instrumental in shaping the development trajectory of our innovative therapeutic candidates and bringing transformative therapies to patients in need.
- Perform pharmacokinetic data analysis, including non-compartmental and compartmental analyses, to derive relevant pharmacokinetic parameters and present results to interdisciplinary teams, contributing to project decisions and fostering a collaborative and transparent environment.
- Drive the application of quantitative pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) modeling to guide LYTAC dose selection, dose regimen optimization, and exposure-response relationships in nonclinical studies and aid in the selection of starting doses for first-in-human clinical trials.
- Collaborate closely with research and development teams to define project objectives and design innovative and scientifically rigorous pharmacokinetic studies that address the overall project goals.
- Contribute to the development of bioanalytical assays to quantify LYTAC concentrations and metabolites in various biological matrices.
- Author regulatory submissions and serve as a pharmacokinetics subject matter expert during interactions with regulatory agencies.
- PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, or related field with at least 12 years of pharmacokinetics or PK/PD modeling experience within a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or research setting.
- Proven track record of designing, executing, and analyzing pharmacokinetic studies, integrating pharmacology and pharmacokinetics data to generate quantitative models, and experience developing analytical assays.
- Strong proficiency in pharmacokinetic software (e.g., WinNonlin, NONMEM) and relevant modeling tools.
- Ability to adhere to tight timelines across multiple research projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Highly motivated and organized team player with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver with the desire and technical skills required to develop the novel approaches needed to characterize the pharmacokinetic profile for a new class of therapeutic proteins.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status