Head of Infrastructure, SRE & Security
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo aims to build the best healthcare data analytics platform in the industry by providing SaaS products.
The SRE/Infrastructure team’s mission is to build scalable, secure, reliable, and observable platforms, services, and tools that enable our product engineers, data scientists, data engineers. Our multi-tenants SaaS products are hosted in a public cloud provider with cloud native architecture.
We are looking for a hands-on Head of Infrastructure, SRE & Security to build and grow a team of infrastructure engineers. The team is centralized, transversal, and supports the entire Product and Engineering organization:
You will have a team of direct reports overseeing several domains including:
- Core Infrastructure - creates the building blocks all other infrastructure is built on including our base compute, storage, and networking primitives
- Data Infrastructure - creates the infrastructure and services that enable our data teams including Airflow, Spark, Snowflake, Databricks
- Security - ensure the Infrastructure and external/internal tooling security with the help of tools like Snyk, GuardDuty, SIEM, WAF systems, …
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Recruited, built, and grew a world class engineering team that will scale the cloud infrastructure for our products, data pipelines, and analytics
- Built a culture of collaboration and technical excellence with all engineering teams
- Optimized our compute and storage infrastructure to drive down cloud costs
- Enabled decision makers by building the systems and reports that surface strategic vendor spend
- Improved observability and incident response capabilities
- Advocated for the adoption of IaC and GitOps pattern across the organization
- Improved self-service infrastructure capabilities
- Built and maintained multi-tenant infrastructure platforms running on Kubernetes
- Ensured systems are secure and compliant
- Identified and mitigated cloud security risks, enforce security controls, incident response procedures, and disaster recovery plans
- Improved applications Security Software Delivery Life Cycle process with penetration testing, static and dynamic code security analysis, etc
- Conducted internal/external tooling security assessment
- Worked end to end with Chief Privacy Officer on security compliance
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Ability to develop a long-term roadmap and vision
- Ability to partner cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal and compliance, and IT
- Ability to recruit, retain, mentor, and grow a high performing team of Cloud and DevOps engineers
- Evaluate, adopt, and advocate bleeding edge tools and engineering best practices
- Ability to architect solutions and systems, evaluate their tradeoffs, and provide guidance on architectural decisions
- Deep expertise with AWS services including core Compute, Networking and Storage services
- Understand common application architecture components such as frontend, APIs, databases, caching, queuing, and search.
- Experience running Kubernetes in production
- Experience of deploying and running Security tools
- Experience in Security and Compliance Processes
- Experience managing a centralized team that focuses on scaling the organization
- Manage engineers’ performance including and play an active role in the performance review process
- Proactive in identifying problems and developing solutions
- Ability to prioritize and triage unplanned work and ensure the team stays organized
- Comfortable in a high visibility role
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.