Senior Lab Manager
Position Title: Senior Lab Manager
Location: Menlo Park (this role will be onsite regularly)
At Hexagon Bio we are leveraging our proprietary genomics-based platform and understanding of natural product evolution to develop the next generation of medicines for human disease. Our interdisciplinary platform uses data science, genomics, synthetic biology, chemistry, and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily refined small molecules and their cognate targets directly from fungal genomes.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team (70+ employees) as a Senior Lab Manager and play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of our labs by supporting the development of lab systems and infrastructure of a growing biotechnology company. This position will work cross-functionally with our research and development teams, facilities partners, and external vendors to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
As the Senior Lab Manager, you will be a collaborative and service-oriented individual passionate about developing processes to drive operational excellence within our lab spaces while maintaining a high bar for safety.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain inventory management system by conducting weekly inventory checks, procuring lab supplies, and adjusting inventory requirements to meet demand.
- Manage lab equipment including service contracts, repairs, calibrations, preventative maintenance, and new equipment installation.
- Manage computerized maintenance management system by creating and updating assets, tracking work orders to ensure completion, and uploading documentation.
- Act as the main point of contact for property management on facility requests and external vendor site visits.
- Uphold environmental, health and safety compliance and conduct routine safety inspections of all lab spaces.
- Ensure the laboratory is organized and maintained and safety standards are exceeded.
- Conduct laboratory safety training for all new hires.
- Provide support on day to day operational requests that arise from research teams.
- Optimize processes within the lab to create efficiencies and drive continuous process improvements.
- Manage and maintain hazardous chemical storage system.
- Maintain cold storage strategy and conduct maintenance activities to ensure the preservation of critical materials.
- B.S. or higher, preferably in Engineering or Life Sciences
- 5+ years lab management experience required
- Demonstrated experience in asset and inventory management systems
- Experience working with external vendors, including outreach, scheduling, and downtime planning.
- Must be highly organized, have a sense of urgency & disciplined about completing duties and assigned tasks on time
- Knowledgeable regarding general building facilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management capabilities required
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Available to work in Menlo Park, California
The salary range for this full-time position is $110,000-$150,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across California locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Something looks off?