Staff Software Engineer - Test #3330
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is currently looking for a Staff Software Engineer to lead the development and rapid iteration of GRAIL’s Life Sciences and Biopharma engineering and testing efforts. Staff Software Engineers at GRAIL partner cross-functionally with Engineering, R&D, Product, Quality, and our PMO to ensure that the quality of automation development efforts meet and exceed pre and post production requirements, define and roll-out best practices with Engineering Leadership across the broader team, and incorporate seamless integration into our product families.
GRAIL has openings in London for individuals with experience building and operating complex web applications. We are looking for software engineers in test, ideally experienced with Python, Java, or Go, to test software that supports clinical work streams. We use AWS extensively and are involved heavily for functional and non-functional testing needs.
We do not require that individuals have full context on all technologies when they come to work with us.
- Lead the design and development of both front end, back-end software automation and engineering initiatives.
- Develop modern and robust automation frameworks/libraries.
- Craft best practices for senior engineering leadership.
- Work with GRAIL engineers in the United States on core platforms.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot/investigate issues.
- Work with our products team to refine feature requirements and specifications.
- Work closely with the development team at a rapid pace to ensure features are implemented per design and specifications.
- Support integration testing efforts of complex systems.
- Support our production environment product delivery with utmost quality.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelor's degree/Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience testing software and developing automation tests.
- 2+ years of designing and leading engineering efforts and teams.
- Experience in systems design and systems integration testing.
- Experience in development for both UI and API test frameworks like Playwright, WDIO, Rest Assured, or TestNG.
- Experience using gitlab continuous integration pipelines and other tools like Jenkins and Docker.
- Experience in doing accessibility, performance, load, and stress testing is a plus.
- Understanding of standard SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and troubleshooting skills.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.