Staff Backend Software Engineer: RTP, North Carolina - #3327
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Staff Backend Software Engineer to join a fast paced, high impact software engineering team as you apply technology to define, identify, develop, and maintain complex platform applications supporting our lab products. As a key member of our Backend Software team and an individual contributor you will have the opportunity to advance GRAIL's pioneering applications and make a profound difference in the lives of those affected by cancer! This position is located in our RTP, North Carolina office, and may require periodic visits to the office. Due to the hybrid requirement at this point we are looking for exceptional software engineers who are located within driving distance of RTP, North Carolina.
In this role you will:
- Provide engineering leadership to the team as you develop and drive heterogeneous applications for the beginning and end of our lab process.
- Drive the delivery to production of robust and efficient regulated software that meets GRAIL’s needs as we rapidly scale.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to deliver on complex domain problems.
- Collaborate and lead technical discussions within the team.
- Support the operations teams that use the systems you build.
- Provide technical mentoring to software engineers helping them to rapidly grow in their careers.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years, master’s degree with 5-8 years or equivalent professional experience
- GRAIL’s backend technical stack is Java, Go and Python. Go experience is preferred
- UX and APIs
- Working experiences in object oriented software environment that are highly complicated.
- A commitment and passion for technical excellence and quality.
- Experiences building scalable, well architected production ready solution on the backend.
- Experience with writing automated test as part of your development workflow.
- Deep experience with microservices and the ability be successful work with various systems.
- Working experience in regulated environments
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.