People Business Partner Director - Commercial #3319
People & HR
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The People Business Partner team at GRAIL is critical to achieving our mission to detect cancer early when it can be cured. This team helps shape our collective leadership, our ability to do life-saving work, and helps us connect with one another with authenticity and greatness.
At GRAIL, we rely on the strategic thinking of our People Team and its ability to advise and advance the business. This role supports our Commercial organization of 325 employees. This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 2 days on site at our Menlo Park, CA office. Limited travel is required.
- Partner with managers to develop and implement HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement.
- Implement programs that run across the broader HR team (e.g. Performance reviews, Calibrations, Employee surveys, Focal, etc.).
- Provides consultation and coaching to managers and employees in order to enhance employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement, and ensure legal compliance.
- Provide employees with a compassionate first-contact point to discuss and solve employee challenges.
- Manage employee relations issues and administer follow-up/disciplinary actions addressing challenges with sensitivity, thoughtfulness, and care for compliance and legal considerations.
- Collaborate closely with Talent Acquisition, HR Ops, and Total Rewards to provide a seamless and integrated experience for potential and current employees and leaders.
- Provide data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and overall employee experience.
- Works collaboratively with client groups to develop a healthy leadership pipeline for the organization.
- Define functional specific talent, leadership, and team planning processes, which includes succession planning, leadership calibration, leadership development planning and annual workforce planning.
- Actively engages, coaches and educates leaders on team development and effectiveness.
Your Background Should Include:
- 15+ years of Human Resources and/or Talent Management experience with progressive scope and scale of responsibility.
- Experience supporting a Commercial function is required, Technology and/or Life Sciences experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting senior leadership levels on complex people issues.
- Fluency with the ability to coach on diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging.
- Experience handling sensitive employee relations matters.
- Ability to work adeptly with data analysis and systems (ie; Google slides and Google sheets a plus).
- Strategic competency with coaching and proven results in advancing the development of managers and leaders.
- Strong knowledge of HR compliance, legislation, and best practice.
- Experience in rapid growth or start-up organization (and the resulting requirement to wear multiple hats) viewed favorably.
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small.
- Genuine curiosity and storing desire to continuously learn and grow.
- A sense of humor and passion for GRAIL are essential - we are excited to work here and you should be too!
- Relevant undergraduate degree or noteworthy experience combined with HR certifications; advanced degree in organizational behavior or business considered favorably.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $176K-$235K. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.