Senior Software Engineer - Back End #3299
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is currently seeking a Backend Software Developer to support our commercial application team. This position requires two days a week on site at GRAIL's headquarters in Menlo Park, Ca.
The commercial applications team is the interface between GRAIL and the rest of the world. It is responsible for leading multiple external end-user experiences for GRAIL’s groundbreaking early cancer detection test, Galleri, including Providers who are ordering and leading Galleri tests and potential Patients who are interested in learning more about and requesting the Galleri test for themselves. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a fast paced, high growth, high impact development group and apply new technologies and approaches to define, identify, evaluate, and maintain platform services for software solutions.
GRAIL is looking for a Backend Software Engineer, confident in building and building out complex applications, who enjoys working on a broad array of software systems and projects. In this role you will contribute to GRAIL's custom all customer-facing software used to capture and manage clinical data. Our technical stack consists of Java, Go and Python, REST APIs, AWS, Kubernetes, Microservices, and React/Vuejs/Angular.
What You'll Do
- Work within a team of engineers to deliver new features and tools on very complex applications.
- Work closely with product owners to transform roadmap items into functional software.
- Write unit tests and automated tests.
- Collaborate and lead technical discussions with the team.
- Use your experience developing and enhancing applications and distributed systems to build native cloud-based software solutions.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical and 5-8 years of experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical with 2-5 years of experience. Years of experience can be substituted for degree.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and concepts involving Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience in full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software with working experience designing, developing, testing, and maintaining full-stack applications and microservice ecosystems.
- Deep understanding of security principles including encryption.
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and APIs.
- Excellent knowledge of general-purpose programming languages including Java, Python, Go Language, Docker, Redis, MySQL, & Postgres.
- Passion for large data sets, APIs, access & identity management, and/or delivering scalable backend systems.
- Strong knowledge of building restful APIs for internal and external products.
- Experience in Okta, Auth0 would be a plus.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $145,000 - $175,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location."
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.