District Manager Clinic Sales - North Central #3093
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Manager, District Business for the Clinic Sales Organization. This is an opportunity to join the growing commercial team at GRAIL as a District Manager, and work hand in hand with Senior leadership to help set go to market sales strategy and launch revolutionary new technology for cancer screening and a growing portfolio of products. The District Manager will act with urgency and with passion to lead a team of Galleri Sales Consultants and build out an outstanding, diverse team of sales professionals to support the success of Galleri for GRAIL and patients, while aligned with the company’s standards of excellence.
The role reports to the Area Director for the assigned district.
Territory: Minneapolis, Milwaukee (northwest), Wisconsin North, Iowa, Kansas City (east and west). Candidates must reside in this territory and able to travel throughout.
- Build and lead a best in class district sales team
- Source, recruit, onboard and train Galleri Sales Consultants
- Ensure talent recruited represents a truly diverse, superior team with varied strengths of professionals to improve our competitiveness and innovation
- Build a team that can succeed within the “new norm” in our external environment
- Work with an Area Director, to drive the evolution of our sales force capabilities to meet the changing external environment and ensure success
- Demonstrate and use a deep understanding of the LDT market, competitive landscape and current treatment options, in the effective execution of sales activities and growth
- Meet or exceed sales goals, and implement the national and regional sales strategies in accordance with GRAIL standards, while adhering to promotional budgets
- Find opportunities in the marketplace, share standard methodologies, and proactively communicate strategies to cross-functional partners and members of the Commercial Team
- Manage implementation of all promotional activities to support sales and marketing strategies, in accordance with high industry standards and company policies
- Act as a player/coach by building and sustaining relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
- Drive succession planning, diversity, aspirational goal achievement, talent retention efforts, pipelining as necessary for external talent
- Demonstrate GRAIL values and practices behaviors, striving to improve where needed
Your background should include:
- BS/BA degree + 14 years of related experience OR Masters degree + 12 year of related experience.
- Sales experience within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, lab or medical device industry. Leadership experience preferred
- A history of superior sales results with documented sales accolades
- LDT launch experience preferably within the diagnostics / life sciences industry
- Demonstrated history of building and leading high-performing and diverse field sales team within a geography preferred
- Solid understanding of geographic conditions / customer base
- Understanding of environmental and industry trends, and impact on business
- Top performance in field sales and/or field sales management
- Experience as a field sales trainer, mentor preferred
- Role requires business travel.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $127,000 - $189,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.