Market Insights Associate Director (Menlo Park, CA) #3015
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Market Insights Associate Director will be responsible for generating and maintaining insights from our full portfolio of pipeline cancer diagnostic products. The candidate should have strong analytical skills (ability to synthesize complex information from multiple sources) as well as strong interpersonal skills (able to navigate complex organization structures and influence accordingly) to succeed.
This role will report to the Director of Market Insights. The candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced organization with high expectations on quality of deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-performing, mission-driven team to help drive developments at the forefront of healthcare.
This role is located at our Menlo Park, CA office. Hybrid (office / home) work arrangements may be considered.
- Independently drive collaboration with stakeholders in new products, product management, marketing, medical, and customer experience to identify insights needs, plan appropriate solutions, and deliver actionable inputs (strategic and tactical)
- Find, collate, and evaluate relevant information and data from across the industry, the clinical literature, market / competitors, and customer landscape to support the development of product concepts and strategy from research/discovery through launch
- Design, execute, and analyze primary and secondary market research projects with a high degree of autonomy (potentially including qualitative, quantitative, advisory boards, focus groups, ad hoc, longitudinal, Delphi, workshops, etc.)
- Present research findings in a compelling manner, with a keen awareness of the needs and sensitivities of the audience
- Manage procurement processes. Secure resources, align priorities, and achieve consensus
- Independently manage relationships with agencies and partners. Drive best performance out of suppliers while keeping projects within budget and on time
- Evaluate and recommend syndicated secondary data sources that best serve internal users
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree an 12 + years experience; MBA or advanced Life Sciences degree is preferred
- Ideal candidate will have previous success in a product development/pipeline insights role, with expertise in market research with healthcare professionals and patients and familiarity with market research with health insurers
- Minimum 6 years experience in direct market insights, but closely related experience gleaned through an alternate background will also be considered (consulting, strategy, product development, product management, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years experience directly related to new product market research
- Background in data analytics and market research, preferably in healthcare or at an analytical consulting firm
- Hands-on experience in a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Track record of extracting key insights and translating them into workable recommendations appropriately customized to the audience
- Strong analytical skills - able to synthesize, identify a coherent narrative and communicate clear findings from multiple, sometimes incomplete, data sources
- Great interpersonal skills, able to navigate complex organization structures and influence accordingly
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $154,000 - $205,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?