Medical Science Liaison, Enterprise Channel #2671
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The primary responsibility of the Enterprise Channel Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to develop and maintain strong relationships with their counterparts in the various industries and translate GRAIL’s emerging data and models to a broad audience across these groups. MSLs introduce the concept of Multi-Cancer Early Detection (MCED) through scientific discussions & address any gaps in understanding or misconceptions to key decision makers. They are able to effectively describe and present the most current clinical, scientific, and health economic materials supporting the clinical value and appropriate utilization of GRAIL’s product(s). The enterprise MSL will engage broad audiences of decision makers, including industry medical directors, executives, actuaries and regulators (Non-HCPs) with slides, abstracts and publications relevant to GRAIL’s products and services, responding to unsolicited questions, participating in the development and creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events, and a wide variety of meetings.
In this field-based position, the Enterprise MSL will develop and engage many stakeholders across at least the Life Insurance, Employer and Healthcare Payer markets. Within GRAIL, the MSLs will work cross-functionally with a range of stakeholders including Medical Affairs, Marketing, Key Account Directors, members of the sales team and others within the Commercial Organization. This position will ensure that all interactions and activities in the territories adhere to corporate and industry compliance guidance. Importantly, the position is designed to engage executives and decision makers who are educated in cancer epidemiology, population statistics and other healthcare measures, but are for the most part, not themselves healthcare professionals. Therefore translating complicated clinical and scientific topics to broad audiences is a key component of this role.
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with executives, actuaries, medical directors & other key influencers of focus to the Enterprise Channel in order to increase the understanding and adoption of GRAIL’s products
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise related to GRAIL’s products
- Participate in actuarial and innovative regional and national meetings in support of all scientific and educational objectives.
- Participation may include panel presentations, podium presentations or other onsite meetings.
- Summarize and communicate complex scientific messages and position them in the best possible manner to enable clear and concise understanding by both external audiences and partners within GRAIL
- Assist the channel Medical Director in developing the scientific strategy for the Enterprise Channel, translating into analysis and publication goals, field-based scientific goals, and future product opportunities
- Engage in continuous learning, actively attend and participate in upskilling training programs, utilize appropriate resources to stay current with the scientific literature (e.g., conducting regular literature searches and library research), participating in various internal and external clinical and scientific education programs, meetings, presentations and other forums that provide in-depth clinical and operational expertise and insights regarding GRAILs products, overall therapeutic area(s), as well as business related topics relevant to the therapeutic area(s)
- Function as the primary scientific resource to the various account director teams with participation in scientific updates, scientific presentations, teleconferences, and meetings as requested
Your background will include;
- Advanced scientific or clinical degree, experience in oncology, genomics, diagnostics, cfDNA-based applications, or similar applied medical fields strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of industry experience in a diagnostics or pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting or have relevant parallel experience is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industryAbility to apply advanced knowledge of GRAIL’s product specifications
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic
- Flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environmentMulti-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks in a high-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills Learning mindset, open to training and becoming an expert across customer types
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; exhibits professional maturity, confidence, and competence.
- Strong conflict resolution skills; proven ability to effectively and quickly achieve conflict resolution with affected parties.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and meetings
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events, actuarial conferences and boardroom settings.
- Extensive travel required across the Northeastern Geography up to 2-3 days per week to meet with executives & decision makers, attend conferences, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work).
- National & international travel on occasion up to 50-60% of the time is a requirement for this role.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $121,000 - $160,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?