Clinical Laboratory Scientist I/II/III- PM Shift #2969
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for performing medium and high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, interpreting and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires keeping meticulous and organized records, excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment. The CLS must exhibit leadership skills such as good judgment, sound analysis, decision-making, ability to remain professional and composed under pressure, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the laboratory and across departments.
- Perform analytical procedures including testing, quality control, preparation and aliquoting of reagents and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment according to laboratory standard operating procedures Troubleshoot and problem solve instrument issues. Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiates a service request as necessary.
- Review, interpret and report patient results as assigned.
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance.
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures.
- Perform and document reagent qualifications per the approved protocols.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel.Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Manager or Safety Officer.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation.
- Participate and comply with Quality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for securing CLIA certification, CAP accreditation, and state licensure for the GRAIL Clinical Laboratory, including compliance with all applicable standards and regulations.
- Provide direct supervision of the work of unlicensed laboratory personnel during the analytical phase of testing.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Perform other laboratory duties as needed.
Your qualifications and background will include:
- Must possess a valid state Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- Experience in molecular biology techniques preferred
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations preferred
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues that impact the performance of the assay
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and honestly
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to participate in projects and complete assignments as expectedFlexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for the CLS 1 position is $42.00/hour - $56.00/hour
Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?