Senior Manager, Medical Education & Opinion Leader Programs (Contract) #2749
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking Senior Manager of Medical Education and Opinion Leader Programs to join the Medical Education team multi-stakeholder education (non-CME), supporting delivery of impactful medical education that enhances patient care by educating Healthcare Professionals on early cancer detection. Additionally, this role will work on the GRAIL Speakers Bureau, including creating content for speakers, managing speaker scheduling and engaging with KOLs. Primary responsibilities include creating content and implementing medical education programs, managing program outcomes, and working with review teams to ensure content is compliant with GRAIL processes. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, driven, independent, and able to respond quickly to evolving needs. This position will be based in Menlo Park, California, and will report to the Director of Medical Education & Opinion Leader Programs.
- Support strategy and execution of non-CME educational programs leveraging live, on-line and on demand approach across key stakeholders.
- Ideate innovative solutions and seamlessly execute to support HCP education on multi-cancer early detection screening.
- Work in close collaboration with internal and external colleagues , including commercial, legal, compliance, finance, accounts payable, medical science liaisons, medical directors and HEOR.
- Define key measures of success, continually tracking and adjusting strategies.
- Work in collaboration with MA colleagues to develop content for medical education programs and for the speakers bureau.
- Prepare analyses/written reports/trackers to ensure key stakeholders are updated on educational activites.
- Create and distribute regular medical education initiative reporting and analyses, including program overview and reported outcomes
- Assist in the management of multiple vendors to ensure high quality and timely delivery of materials within allocated budget.
- Manage materials through the internal review and approval process by working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Work with Speaker Management System provider to ensure a streamlined process and performance.
- Assist in the reconciliation process of all speakers bureau members, in collaboration with compliance team, to ensure timely reporting, per Sunshine Act
Your Background Should Include;
- A bachelor’s degree; advanced degree (eg, RN, MS, PhD, PharmD, MD) preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech/device industry
- Prior HCP educational experience strongly preferred. Prior speakers bureau experience is also preferred.
- Knowledge of educational outcomes assessment (e.g. Moore’s outcomes levels) and adult learning principles is preferred.
- Understanding of medical and compliance , FDA and regulatory guidelines (eg, PhRMA guidelines, OIG, AMA, ACCME, Sunshine Act)
- Knowledge and experience in navigating the regulatory approval process and other relevant codes of practice. (Veeva experience is a plus)
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Strong project management skills
- Innovation displayed in past accomplishments
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with vendors
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and external contacts
The expected, hourly pay scale for this position is $70 - $80. Actual pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?