MSAT Reagent QC Research Associate I/II #2869
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Research Associate for the LabOps Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team (MSAT), who will be primarily responsible for Reagent QC of manufactured and vendor supplied reagents and associated tasks to support GRAIL’s Clinical and R&D laboratory workflows. The ideal candidate is a meticulous, outstanding teammate with hands-on laboratory experience. The candidate will be encouraged to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Quality, and Clinical Lab - to identify systems limitations, implement process improvements, write documentation, and be instrumental in the day to day operations of the GRAIL laboratories.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Execute on high complexity Reagent QC testing of in-house prepared and externally acquired reagents
- Execute on forecasted R&D and Clinical Lab experiments ranging from reagent evaluation and qualification to general data generation activities
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assays
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GMP
- Support root cause analysis for materials failing QC
- Follow all QA procedures related to testing
- Become a specialist in the materials used in the current production assays
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials
To be considered;
- B.S required in a relevant field
- 1+ years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing assays and workflows is required (RA1).
- 3+ years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing assays and workflows is required (RA II).
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is a plus
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques including but not limited to (e.g. pipetting, SPRI, PCR, qPCR)
- Familiarity with nucleic acids extraction techniques and quantification devices (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR) is a plusExcellent partnership and teamwork skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative problem solver
- General digital literacy and proficiency in GSuite
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $74,000 - $91,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?