Senior Software Development Engineer #2902
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer to join its clinical software team based in our London office. The team is responsible for the development of applications used to facilitate collaboration between GRAIL and its partners. As a Software Engineer, you will work as part of a cross-functional team to design, develop and run systems that power the safe execution of clinical workflows and the collection of relevant data. Your work will support cancer research and the development of GRAILs multi-cancer early detection blood test
- Use your experience developing full-stack applications to build software that supports cancer research.
- Build and operate the infrastructure and tooling that runs the systems and powers the team.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to overcome real-world problems that sometimes can’t be solved with software alone.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team (UK/US) to overcome real-world problems that sometimes can’t be solved with software alone.
- Take responsibility for the systems built by the team by participating in an on-call rota.
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or a similar technical field.
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining software.
- You have worked with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- You are passionate about software engineering
- You have excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills, with a preference for simple solutions.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator and can adapt your communication style and the level of detail to your audience.
- You are within easy commute of central London, this is a hybrid role.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
See more open positions at Grail
Something looks off?