Research Associate II, High Throughput Screening Operations(evenings)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms.
Core to our organism engineering pipeline is the testing and analysis of our engineered strains, using state-of-the-art analytical and automation technologies. We’re looking for highly talented and motivated associates to join our high-throughput screening (HTS) operations team to help carry out these critical functions. With your demonstrated ability to evolve a process in response to changing technology and demands, and your desire for quality output, you will provide essential operational support to HTS through culturing services, sample preparation, and screen execution while ensuring quality data delivery to a cross-functional set of Ginkgo teams. #LI-LS1
Please note: this role is for evening shifts Mon-Fri 2pm-10pm
- Culture microbial strains using a variety of automated solutions for use in high-throughput screens. Sterile technique required
- Operate and troubleshoot laboratory automation in order to execute efficient, robust high-throughput workflows
- Analyze large data sets and communicate results to broader team
- Work as a team member to optimize and standardize complex workflows
- Follow SOPs with executional excellence to deliver high quality results.
- Maintain a safe lab environment for yourself and others.
- Ensure operational excellence by communicating developments to team members across shifts
- General lab upkeep, some equipment maintenance, and liquid handling QC checks
- BS or MS in biology, chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years of industry experience (post-degree), preferably within a high throughput operations environment
- Experience operating and troubleshooting laboratory automation
- Experience with automated assay screening and production environments
- Experience with analyzing and managing large data sets
- Based on a 5 day work week have the ability to work Mon-Fri 2pm-10pm.
- Experience in QA/QC or statistical process control
- 5S, Six Sigma or lean manufacturing
To learn more about Ginkgo, visit www.ginkgobioworks.com/press/ or check out some curated press below:
What is it really like to take your company public via a SPAC? One Boston biotech shares its journey (Fortune)
Ginkgo Bioworks resizes the definition of going big in biotech, raising $2.5B in a record SPAC deal that weighs in with a whopping $15B-plus valuation (Endpoints News)
Ginkgo Bioworks Provides Support on Process Optimization to Moderna for COVID-19 Response (PRNewswire)
The Life Factory: Synthetic Organisms From This $1.4 Billion Startup Will Revolutionize Manufacturing (Forbes)
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.
See more open positions at Ginkgo Bioworks
Something looks off?