VP of Engineering
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Getlabs is the nationwide leader for at-home diagnostic collections.
Healthcare organizations and providers dispatch our skilled medical specialists to their patients to collect labs, vitals, biometrics, and more. And Getlabs is open to patients as well - simply pick a time and we send one of our medical specialists to your home to draw your labs for Labcorp and Quest.
Our team has raised $23MM from top investors including Emerson Collective, Minderoo Foundation, Byers Capital, Labcorp, Healthworx, Tusk Ventures, Anne Wojcicki (CEO, 23andMe) and Susan Wojcicki (CEO, YouTube). Getlabs’ mission is to save lives by delivering outstanding healthcare to everyone.
Learn more about Getlabs in TechCrunch and how we unlock Telehealth 2.0.
About the role:
Getlabs is looking for a proven and motivated VP of Engineering to improve and deliver on our mission to save lives by delivering outstanding healthcare to everyone. As a leader with a focus on building and managing highly productive software engineering teams, you will empower our team to deliver products that achieve company objectives. You are eager to collaborate with internal stakeholders and motivate your team to serve and create cutting-edge experiences for our patients and partners.
At Getlabs, you will:
- Set the vision and direction for how technology will be leveraged at Getlabs to grow our digital footprint and continuously innovate on the experiences of our patients, partners, and internal teams
- Build credibility with engineers, lead technical reviews and discussions, ensure best practices are developed and enforced, and advocate for the needs of the engineers
- As a member of the executive team, formulate broad organizational goals and understand how to align your team and department objectives
- Create timelines and budget for the development, timely delivery, and deployment of all large scale engineering initiatives
- Evaluate technology and vendors, always looking for ways to improve the way we build products
- Manage the Product Lead, co-create product roadmaps, and develop the vision for our product offering to ensure that the software architecture is designed for the near and long term
- Set ambitious timelines for development and ship on time.
- Set, own and successfully accomplish fast-paced, milestone-based engineering and product timelines.
- Be a steward of the Getlabs culture: exemplify our core values and maintain an inclusive environment within and beyond the engineering team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product, and business stakeholders in order to find the best solutions for our team, partners and our patients
- Proactively ensure that teams are executing efficiently by finding and removing technical barriers and dependencies before they are on the critical path
- Contribute to organizational design and planning including the allocation of engineering resources across product areas and initiatives
- Recruit, interview, hire and onboard new engineersLead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processesAnalyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations, ensure SOC 2 Compliance
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience as a technology leader in a growth-minded organization: You know what it takes to both scale and sustain high performing teams
- You have experience and a passion for mentoring and developing the careers of software engineers
- You have experience leading an organization and understand how to build roadmaps that directly contribute to the success of company objectives
- A problem solver with strong process orientation and the ability to manage through complexity and rapid change
- You have experience building strong partnerships with product managers, designers and business stakeholders
- You have hands-on experience architecting and building performant, reliable web applications and systems
- Deep understanding of software engineering and architecture - you’ve been a developer in the past but are focused on leadership now
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You possess a solid mix of initiative, imagination, work ethic and agility
- You have experience with people management responsibilities including hiring, retaining, and growing highly effective engineers, as well as providing feedback and performance management
We have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary ($250K-$300K)
- Valuable stock option planMedical, dental and vision insurance options
- Flexible and unlimited vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of talented, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic we have decided to require vaccination as a condition of employment for any employee who is in contact with patients.Getlabs is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected classes.
See more open positions at Getlabs
Something looks off?