Scientist/Senior Scientist, Discovery Immunology
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 9, 2022
GentiBio is seeking a collaborative and motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Research team in Boston. The successful candidate will design and execute in vitro and ex vivo studies to characterize engineered T regulatory cells to support our early-stage programs. This individual will leverage cellular and molecular tools to lead new target discovery for our pipelines. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and validating new targets for application in the autoimmune disease space.This role offers exposure to an organizational and company build, leadership, and an ample opportunity to be a high-impact trailblazer in the emerging field of regulatory T-cell therapy.
- Foster the culture of seeking and giving help, inclusion, authenticity, and fun
- Work cross-functionally to design and develop cell-based assays and screens for target validation
- Lead the design, plan, and execution of in vitro and ex vivo experiments to investigate functional features of Treg cell prototypes
- Lead the design, plan, and execution of functional and phenotypic characterization of T-cells, including proliferation, differentiation, suppression, and MLR assays
- Leading from the bench, including mentoring and training junior scientists
- Stay abreast of relevant literature and act as a resource for the team
- Contribute proactively to cross-functional activities across research groups and with other departments as needed
- Communicate and present scientific findings to scientific team and management
Qualifications and Education:
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, biological engineering, chemical engineering, or related field with 1+ years or MS with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Background in T cell biology required, regulatory T cells preferred
- Previous experience with cell-based assay development required
- Demonstrated experience in designing experimental studies with current immunology techniques such as primary immune cell isolation and culture (human and mouse), mul-ticolor flow cytometry, ELISA, PCR, and cell-based assays required
- Understanding of in vivo experiments and ex vivo read-outs
- Familiarity with gene editing and delivery technologies (e.g., CRISPR and viral transduc-tion) preferred
- Experience mentoring and managing direct reports preferred
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to execute experiments with rigor and maintain clear and complete records of lab work
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, Flowjo, and ELN/LIMS for data entry, analysis, and presentation
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills with the ability to embrace change and multitask in a fast-growing environment
About us: GentiBio is an emerging biotherapeutics company co-founded by pioneers in Treg biology and synthetic immunology from Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Benaroya Research Institute, and MIGAL Galilee Research Institute. We are focused on the development of EngTregs programmed to treat autoimmune, alloimmune, autoinflammatory and allergic diseases. GentiBio’s proprietary autologous and allogeneic EngTregs platform integrates key complementary technologies needed to successfully restore immune tolerance and overcome major limitations in existing regulatory T-cell therapeutics. Our corporate operations are in both Cambridge, MA and Seattle, WA.
We are building an exceptional company culture focused on empowerment, care for one another, an appreciation for diversity and inclusion, and the development of our people. We are looking for people who are not only incredible experts in their field, but also individuals who are looking to contribute to building and modeling an outstanding company culture – and having fun while doing so.
EEO Statement: GentiBio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & staffing agencies: GentiBio does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal GentiBio Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to email@example.com, GentiBio employees or any other company location; GentiBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.