Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Discovery Immunology
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 9, 2022
GentiBio is seeking a collaborative and motivated Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist to join our Research team in Boston. The successful candidate will design and execute in vitro and ex vivo studies to characterize engineered T regulatory cells to support our early-stage programs. We are searching for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about working at the bench to advance programs and solve complex challenges. This role offers exposure to an organizational and company build, leadership, and an ample opportunity to be a high-impact trailblazer in the emerging field of regulatory T-cell therapy.
- Foster the culture of seeking and giving help, inclusion, authenticity, and fun
- Plan and execute in vitro and ex vivo experiments to investigate functional features of Treg cell prototypes, including assay development
- Support design and execution of in vivo studies, including efficacy and mechanism of action (MoA) studies using various autoimmune models, and ex vivo downstream experiments, including immune cell phenotyping and cytokine analyses
- Ensure data collection is captured in electronic laboratory notebooks and databases
- Perform data analysis, summarize results in study reports, and provide regular updates at internal meetings
Qualifications and Education:
- BS or MS in immunology, biological sciences or related area with 1-2+ years of research experience (industry experience preferred)
- Experience in tissue culture, primary immune cell isolation and culture (human and mouse), multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, PCR, and cell-based assay development
- Familiarity with gene editing and delivery technologies (e.g., CRISPR and viral transduction)
- Preferred hands-on experience working with animal models of autoimmunity, inflammation and/or cancer, including administration of therapeutics and downstream sample processing
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and ELN/LIMS for data entry, analysis, and presentation
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to execute experiments with rigor and maintain clear and complete records of lab work
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills with the ability to embrace change and multitask in a fast-growing environment
About us: GentiBio is an emerging biotherapeutics company co-founded by pioneers in Treg biology and synthetic immunology from Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Benaroya Research Institute, and MIGAL Galilee Research Institute. We are focused on the development of EngTregs programmed to treat autoimmune, alloimmune, autoinflammatory and allergic diseases. GentiBio’s proprietary autologous and allogeneic EngTregs platform integrates key complementary technologies needed to successfully restore immune tolerance and overcome major limitations in existing regulatory T-cell therapeutics. Our corporate operations are in both Cambridge, MA and Seattle, WA.
We are building an exceptional company culture focused on empowerment, care for one another, an appreciation for diversity and inclusion, and the development of our people. We are looking for people who are not only incredible experts in their field, but also individuals who are looking to contribute to building and modeling an outstanding company culture – and having fun while doing so.
EEO Statement: GentiBio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & staffing agencies: GentiBio does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal GentiBio Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to email@example.com, GentiBio employees or any other company location; GentiBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.