VP of Finance
Gameto is seeking an ambitious, dynamic and experienced VP of Finance to join our team.
You are an experienced finance professional passionate about women's health, tackling infertility and building mission driven businesses that improve patient outcomes and experience. You are a self-motivated, able to work independently and in a team, highly organized, and curious individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have 5+ years of work experience analyzing financial models, developing and presenting analytical solutions and business plans and a good understanding of financial and management accounting.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work closely with the entire Gameto leadership and business team (CEO, VP Cell Engineering overseeing company science, Business Development, Investor Relations, Accounting, Finance Administration, Corporate & Legal), external accountants, financial advisors, outside vendors, and consultants to build and optimize financial operations. This role entails overseeing budgeting processes, ensuring the alignment of financial strategies with the company's broader business plan, and maintaining clear and effective communication channels with the leadership, board of directors and investors. Familiarity with accounting principles and practices is essential, as the VP of Finance will play a critical role in financial reporting, analysis, and decision-making, driving the financial health and sustainability of the organization through strategic financial planning and execution.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the annual budgeting process and regular forecasting, monitoring financial performance against targets and recommending corrective actions as needed.
- Financial Reporting: Oversee the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial reports to executive leadership, the board of directors, and external stakeholders, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Cash Flow Management: Manage cash flow, liquidity, and working capital to ensure the organization's financial stability and support growth initiatives.
- Accounting and Compliance: Manage external providers to ensure compliance with accounting principles and standards, tax regulations, and other financial-related laws and regulations.
- External Investor & Board Interaction: Be able to communicate to prospective investors providing transparent and effective financial performance and strategy communication. Similarly, be capable to collaborate closely with the board of directors, presenting financial updates, proposals, and strategic recommendations to support informed decision-making.
- Financial Strategy: Work with the CEO & the rest of the business team to develop and execute on the company's financial strategy, aligning it with overall business goals and objectives.
- Experience Level: 5+ years of experience in professional finance as a Senior Finance Manager, Director, VP or Head of Finance.
- Analytical Mindset: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy and compliance in financial reporting and analysis.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Technology Proficiency: Highly skilled in Excel; proficient in financial management software, accounting systems, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite. Highly proficient in understanding complex business models.
- Relationship Building: Ability to establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, partners and colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset, Drive and Enthusiasm: Demonstrate high personal and professional integrity, with a willingness to wear many hats to provide support wherever is needed for the business to thrive.
Gameto is a private biotechnology company in women’s health. We are using cell engineering to develop novel therapies for infertility and other diseases of the female reproductive system. Gameto has raised $40 million in a Series A and is currently advancing in clinical development and commercialization of our lead product, Fertilo, with leading fertility clinics in the USA, Spain, Australia, Japan and Latin America. We are headquartered in New York City, USA, and have an office in Madrid, Spain. Gameto is led by physician turned entrepreneur, Dina Radenkovic, and a serial entrepreneur & leader in the fertility space, Martin Varsavsky, founder of Prelude Network, largest proprietary fertility clinics chain in the USA.
Our team is mission-driven, kind, collaborative and authentic. We are determined to rewrite history and use scientific breakthroughs to create products people love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.