Help Desk Specialist (Contractor)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
About this opportunity:
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver who thrives on helping others? If so, Freenome is looking for an experienced Help Desk Specialist to join their dynamic Information Technology Team! This opportunity offers the chance to make a meaningful impact in one of the most progressive healthcare organizations today. As part of this role, you will use your IT expertise and tenacity when diagnosing complex customer issues with computer systems, networks, hardware or software. You are also responsible for responding promptly to queries as well as implementing solutions that ensure optimal performance. Put simply - if it relates to Helpdesk then you're the person our team needs! Don't miss out on joining us at Freenome where we're revolutionizing early cancer detection through advanced technology products and services.
This will be a 4-6 month contract assignment. The working hours for this role are Monday-Friday on-site from 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM PST.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, slack, helpdesk tickets or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Create step-by-step training material and documentation with screenshots for clients and colleagues
- Collaborate with other service department to create and maintain best onboarding experience
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Proactive on identifying and reporting potential problems before an incident is reported
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), conference room systems and other systems
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in ticketing system
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Provide ideas, suggestions, and helpful questions to team meetings
- 3+ years of experience as a Help Desk Specialist or related IT Customer Support role
- Experience with Mac and Windows platforms
- Experience with Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools (e.g. Kandji, Jamf)
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Strong remote troubleshooting skills
- Experience onboarding and offboarding users in an enterprise environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in creating/updating documentation on processes and solutions
- Experience provisioning application licensing for end-users
- Maintaining and keeping data hygiene accurate and up to date
Nice to haves:
- Experience in writing executable scripts for macOS is a plus
- Experience in supporting Zoom Conference Rooms
- Administrative support on Slack, Atlassian, Asana, 1password, Office 365, etc.
- Experience using Freshservice ticketing system
- Creating automated workflows
Contractors may be hired through a third-party provider and will be considered contingent workers. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)