Manager, Customer & Patient Experience (Remote)
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Manager, Customer and Patient Experience to help grow the Freenome Commercial team. This position will play a critical role within the Customer and Patient Experience (CPX) team working collaboratively with Freenome and Customer teams to support the onboarding of Freenome’s tools and products at the customer site and leading ongoing customer support after go-live.
As a leader within the CPX team you will also drive process improvement initiatives to bolster Freenome’s CPX processes and technology with an emphasis on live client service based on lessons learned from customer interactions. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience and having a significant impact on the growth of an organization dedicated to changing the entire landscape of cancer.
This role reports to the Director, Customer Success.
What you’ll do:
- Support the onboarding process for new customers to begin using Freenome’s tools and products
- Provide live support to customers answering questions and resolving issues as they use Freenome’s tools and products
- Partner with internal teams such as the Laboratory and Engineering to proactively work with customers to answer questions and resolve issues identified by Freenome disrupting optimal product workflow
- Design and refine processes and business requirements necessary to provide superior client service as the team scales
- Continuously research industry trends, making recommendations to refine our technology platforms to better meet customer needs
- Connect customer insights and data-driven metrics to measure effectiveness of client onboarding refinements
- Ensure all strategies, plans, and tactics are aligned with legal and compliance requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of progressive experience working with client services and supporting customer onboarding for a clinical diagnostics or reference lab company
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role focused on live client service in the clinical diagnostics, specialty lab, or reference lab space
- Excellent project management and demonstrated client relationship management experience
- Proactive management of situations, skillful communications, especially being able to listen well and dig deeper into the problems
- Prior people management experience for teams of 1-3+
- Experience with various laboratory information systems (LIS), health information systems (HIS), Physician offices, and EHR vendors to provide interoperability solutions to healthcare providers
- Experience with client service technology including CRM, customer chat solutions, and call center solutions
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems with a solutions-orientation
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills fostering strong relationships across the organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial, determined, and tenacious approach to impacting patients and business
Nice to haves:
- HL7 knowledge
- Salesforce administration experience
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $106,000 - $165,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)