Executive Assistant to the CEO
Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant provides executive support for the CEO and Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO and CCO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior leadership and participates as a core team member for internal and external events.
The Executive Assistant must be responsive to dynamic organizational needs and drive best solutions to achieve company priorities. The ideal individual will exercise discernment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, relationship building, project management, and organizational skills, and will maintain a realistic balance among competing priorities. The Executive Assistant will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This is an ideal opportunity for a highly successful executive assistant seeking to join a growing fast-paced and high-performing organization committed to changing the early cancer detection landscape. This role is onsite in our South San Francisco office.
What you’ll do:
- Be an extension of the CEO and CCO and communicate directly, on behalf of the CEO and CCO, with board members, investors, partners, leaders, and others
- Responsible for a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and CCO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans and agendas; and compiling materials for meetings
- Provides a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, prioritizing access to CEO and CCO time and office amid conflicting needs and deadline pressures
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and CCO and functional departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and partnership with senior leadership and their support staff
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO and CCO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer”, having a sense for issues emerging in the environment, flagging and keeping the CEO and CCO updated as necessary
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and CCO as directed
- Core team member to coordinate external and internal events such as JP Morgan, all-hands, Managers meetings, onsite meetings, and employee events
- Setup, track, and coordinate implementation of terms and payments for PO, PRs, and contracts
- Manages a variety of special projects for the CEO and CCO
Board Support and Liaison:
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to Freenome’s Board of Directors
- Assists Board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality of materials and information
Senior Leadership Liaison:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years supporting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and interaction with Board members and external partners
- At least seven (7) years experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in the Biotech or Life Science industries
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members, and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proven project management skills with experience driving internal and external events and business deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to detect problems early and implement solutions proactively
- Emotional maturity and a track record of developing strong credibility and trust with all levels within the organization
- Resourceful with ability to be effective working independently or as part of a project team
- Strong research skills and ability to synthesize information into meaningful insights
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and discernment and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines while managing changing or competing demands
- Thrives in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Solutions-oriented individual who actively seeks opportunities and proposes creative and practical solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Drive), Zoom, and Slack
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $128,000 - $195,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Something looks off?