Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
As a Warehouse Operations Supervisor you will join a rapidly growing operations group and make an immediate impact on early cancer detection. You will support Freenome’s mission to supervise the daily operations of Receiving, Inventory Management, Distribution and shipping across all Clinical and Research and Development labs. The successful candidate will hire, train, and develop a team to meet company OKRs, establish department initiatives and maintain key performance indicators.
The role reports to the Senior Manager, Inventory and Planning Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the training, day to day supervision, staffing and workflows for the Warehouse
- Proactively identify areas for improvement/establish operational procedures with key performance indicators in the areas of Shipping & Receiving, Inventory management and Distribution
- Oversees all shipments received in good order and follows direct/indirect goods receipt process. Reports and provides actionable solutions for vendor defects if applicable.
- Maintain and follow Inventory controls and procedures to ensure compliance with Clinical Lab Procedures and SOX regulations
- Assist in inventory cycle counts on a regular cadence to ensure inventory accuracy
- Maintain company assets stored in Warehouse and allocate space as requested
- Establish a distribution program to ensure all materials are transported between our warehouse and supporting buildings within DOT regulations
- Manage and improve our shipping procedures for all international and domestic shipments
- Maintain a clean and safe warehouse environment by reporting all unsafe conditions. Lead 5S audits where applicable.
- Collaborate with Clinical and R&D departments to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Train, develop and motivate team members by leading weekly 1:1 and team meetings, and providing daily guidance
- Responsible for maintaining good record keeping and accuracy of physical/virtual records of all inbound and outbound material
- Comply with all company, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Min. 5+ years working experience in inventory management and warehouse operations, preferably within a regulated industry
- Min. 3-5 years experience in leading and overseeing a team of material handlers or inventory specialists
- Ability to load and drive a cargo van to distribute materials across the Freenome campus.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Proficiency in executing transactions within an ERP, NetSuite preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suites
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with a attention to detail
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to drive success
- Capability to manage multiple workflows and competing priorities while exercising good business judgment
- Ability and willingness to adapt in a dynamic environment and realign team priorities as needed
- Ability to lead projects with little supervision
- Must be able to work outside of the regular business hours to help support the goals of Freenome. Occasional weekend and overtime may be required
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- ISO 13485/CLIA experience preferred
- DOT Certification (IATA/49-CFR) preferred
- Forklift Certification preferred
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our salary rate for new hires is $72,250-$115,000. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Something looks off?