Biology Research Associate/ Senior Scientist
We seek a Research Associate/Sr Research Associate to join the Biology team and advance our core mission of accelerating small molecule drug discovery programs at Iambic Therapeutics. The candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team that integrates machine learning, medicinal chemistry, analytical technology and biology to revolutionize small-molecule therapeutics design and discovery. This exciting opportunity is open to all levels of experience.
- Work closely with the team to design and develop biochemical and cell-based assays for various programs
- Execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to screen/evaluate small molecule compounds
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate cell PD, MOA and drug combinations
- Interpret and analyze scientific data
- Document, summarize data and communicate with the team
- Manage CRO work as needed
- Work as an integral member of the biology group and contribute to lab maintenance
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in biochemistry, cell biology or other related scientific areas
- 0-10 years of industry experience
- Hands on experience in cell and molecular biology, for example, cell culture, cell engineering, ELISA, HTRF, alphaLISA, Western Blot, flow cytometry, quantitative PCR, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated to work in a cross-functional team setting
- Flexibility and ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job
Founded in 2019 and headquartered in La Jolla, California, Iambic is disrupting the therapeutics landscape with its cutting-edge generative AI drug discovery platform. We have assembled a world-class team that unites pioneering AI experts and seasoned drug hunters with strong track records of success in delivering clinically validated breakthrough treatments. The Iambic platform has been demonstrated to deliver high-quality, differentiated drugs to clinics with unprecedented speed and across multiple targets and mechanisms of action. We are focused on the advancement of our internal pipeline of clinical assets to address urgent unmet patient needs in oncology and other therapeutic areas.
The culture and work at Iambic are profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our people and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where a diverse group of talented humans work together to discover therapeutics and create technologies.