Lab Facilities Associate
Emulate is currently seeking a Lab Facilities Associate to act as a point of contact for the operation and maintenance of all common laboratories at Emulate, Inc. As part of the Facilities Operations Team, the Lab Facilities Associate will work closely with members of the Platform Development, Biological Development, and Applied Biosciences Teams. Join a company where you are making a huge impact as an individual, but also part of an organization recognized by National Geographic as ‘The Future of Medicine’!
As an Emulator, you will be part of a team who cares deeply about our mission to power a human-centric approach to biological innovation. Our culture is designed to help you succeed by promoting a collaborative approach to our work, providing opportunities for growth and development, and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that is conducive for all to thrive.
Emulate’s Core Values encompass being CURIOUS, RELENTLESS, ACCOUNTABLE, HUMAN, and ONE. Here’s what that would mean for you as the Lab Facilities Associate:
You are CURIOUS and will:
- Maintain knowledge of relevant lab-related requirements and regulations, internally and externally
You are RELENTLESS and will:
- Perform cleaning and sanitization of labs regularly assessing equipment, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely manner
You are ACCOUNTABLE and will:
- Place and expedite orders for, and verify receipt of, lab supplies with special attention to planning for back orders
- Provide general facility enablement by fulfilling routine light maintenance work orders
- Assist with scheduling preventative maintenance to mitigate lab disruption
- Track Chemical inventory and maintain all MSDS, removing expired items when made aware of
- Prepare and track biohazard waste removal, sharps removal, and satellite chemical waste removal
- Ensure deliveries inside and out of labs; including dry ice, liquid nitrogen, CO2 deliveries, and biohazard waste pick up
- Utilize Limble to enter equipment information and calibration reports
- Other responsibilities as assigned on an as needed basis
You are HUMAN and will:
- Act as point of contact for operation and maintenance of all common laboratory equipment calibrations
- Accountable for on call response related to equipment alarm monitoring
You are ONE and will:
- Partner with stakeholders throughout all labs to ensure effective, clean, and safe lab operations
- Provide assistance to the Director of Lab Operations to ensure all laboratories (e.g., wet labs, Biosafety Level 2, etc.) are maintained for cleanliness and sterility
- 3+ years related Life Sciences work experience in a regulated lab setting, with emphasis on lab and facilities
- Knowledge and experience with biohazard regulations and material handling, including awareness of general industry and laboratory-specific safety standards
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent social and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Solid work ethic and professional conduct
- Willing and able to perform a variety of physically intensive tasks
- Adept at problem solving and promoting continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.