Production Supervisor / Manager - ENFINIA DNA
Elegen is blazing a path towards a biology-based economy with a highly innovative approach to DNA synthesis that delivers an industry leading length of 7kb in 7 business days with a 99.999% per base accuracy. Our multidisciplinary team of best-in-class biologists, chemists, hardware, and software engineers apply cutting-edge technologies and methods to solve critical bottlenecks in synthetic biology workflows to help our customers in pharma, biotech, agbio, and biomanufacturing streamline their work and realize the full potential of programmable biology.
We are seeking a dynamic Production Supervisor / Manager to champion the success and efficiency of our gene synthesis processes. Your role will encompass supporting existing procedures, adeptly managing manufacturing batches, personnel, and shipping schedules, fostering collaboration with cross-functional teams, and providing inspirational leadership to our production associates. Your contributions will significantly enhance the overall productivity and resilience of our production operations.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Production professional looking to leave their mark in the field of cloning and gene synthesis at our uniquely innovative, fast-paced, high-impact startup. As you navigate the daily challenges of orchestrating seamless operations and nurturing the growth of your team, you will play a pivotal role in the DNA revolution. All of this takes place alongside a talented group of Silicon Valley’s best scientists and engineers, within a culture defined by mutual respect, integrity, and collaborative excellence.
- Timely Manufacturing of ENFINIA DNA: Manage batch and personnel schedules to ensure the timely manufacturing of the gene synthesis process. Coordinate with relevant teams to optimize efficiency and meet production targets. Assisting in scheduling shipping and customer manifest generation
- Support ENFINIA DNA : Provide technical expertise and support to the existing process, ensuring its smooth operation. Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance its robustness and reliability by optimizing and streamlining current processes
- Forecasting and KPIs: Assist in forecasting production needs and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to production volume, quality, and efficiency. Analyze data and disseminate key insights to internal stakeholders
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the Product Development and Research and Development teams to drive process improvements. Share insights and contribute to the improvement of existing methods or technologies.
- Team Management: Manage a small team of production associates, providing guidance, training, and support as needed. Ensure effective communication, teamwork, and adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Troubleshooting and Weekend Support: Provide troubleshooting assistance to address any production issues. Additionally, offer support as needed on weekends to maintain production continuity and resolve any urgent matters.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (such as Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or a related discipline)
- 2+ years of experience lead production or manufacturing role in life sciences
- Strong knowledge and working experience in cloning and gene synthesis processes
- Proven ability to manage production batches and personnel schedules effectively
- Support lab execution if needed
- Experience in forecasting and maintaining KPIs
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with new product implementation, operational scaling and training operators
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Availability to provide support over the weekend as needed
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Basic bioinformatics and coding experience for data management
- Experience with operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of liquid handling robots, PCR, general molecular biology tools and NGS library prep devices
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Experience in start up environments-ability to anticipate and adapt changes and maintain orders
Salary and Benefits:
The annual base salary compensation for this role, based in California is: $120,000 - $145,000. Final compensation also includes bonus, equity and benefits. Specific offer packages are determined by multiple factors, including candidate skill, experience, expertise, and location.
✓ Healthcare ✓ Dental ✓ Vision ✓ Learning Allowance
✓ 401K ✓ Flexible PTO ✓ Short Term Disability ✓ Fitness Allowance
About The Company:
Founded and led by Dr. Matthew Hill and located in San Carlos, CA, Elegen is well-capitalized by top life science investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and KdT. The company is advised and staffed by leading biotechnology scientists and entrepreneurs, including Dr. Marc Unger, inventor of the Nanoflex™ valve, and former CSO of Fluidigm. Dr. Hill has a PhD from Stanford and a proven track record of advancing innovative technologies from invention to commercial success. Over eight years in his previous role as VP of R&D at a leading molecular diagnostics company, he co-invented and launched five precision molecular diagnostic products, including a best-in-class noninvasive prenatal test used by millions. These products earn more than $350 million per year in revenue and enabled an IPO.
Elegen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Elegen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law. All applicants have rights under the following Federal Employment Laws: