Digital Marketing Manager
Elegen is blazing a path towards a biology-based economy with a highly innovative approach to DNA synthesis that delivers an industry leading length of 7kb in 7 business days with a 99.999% per base accuracy. Our multidisciplinary team of best-in-class biologists, chemists, hardware, and software engineers apply cutting-edge technologies and methods to solve critical bottlenecks in synthetic biology workflows to help our customers in pharma, biotech, agbio, and biomanufacturing streamline their work and realize the full potential of programmable biology.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company at an early stage and to have an impact on the development of its products, markets, processes, people, and culture.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to join our team and help scale the commercialization of the Elegen brand and products by implementing and executing a best-in-class digital marketing strategy.
This position will require working across functional teams including but not limited to commercial, R&D, and operations. In this role, you will be expected to support the creation and publication of content through multiple channels to develop and amplify a singular, compelling voice for Elegen.
You will be expected to support and coordinate the development of new content including articles, press releases, graphics, videos, and similar promotional content through relationships with internal teams and external agencies. You will also oversee regular updates of Elegen’s website and marketing automation tools. In your role, you will be expected to support the tracking and reporting of key performance indicators related to outbound marketing activities as well as ROI.
A successful applicant will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the synthetic biology market with an emphasis on synthetic DNA applications and have experience thriving in a dynamic and rapidly evolving organization that requires individuals to work proactively and independently across a diverse range of tasks to exceed goals despite having limited resources.
- Support the development of an annual marketing and communications strategy covering press relations, media outreach, and social media, while engaging with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Serve as a bridge between product managers, marketing managers, and other internal teams and external marketing channels to execute marketing programs within a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Work with internal stakeholders and the marketing team to execute marketing activities including email, digital, and social media campaigns and events.
- Continuously update, improve, optimize (SEO) and analyze Elegen’s website performance.
- Regularly track and report engagement metrics across outlets, programs, and messages.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of progressive experience in marketing communications, with preference given to candidates experienced in scientific markets.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing fundamentals, tactical planning, and content development.
- In-depth understanding of media channels, life science publishers and scientific terminology.
- Proficient user of creative software tools including Adobe creative suite and paid digital services such as Adwords, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Familiar with web optimization and web analytics, marketing communications, and creating multi-channel user journeys to acquire, activate, and retain supporters.
- Proficient user of HubSpot to create and manage digital campaigns.
- Experience with creative design and copywriting preferred.
- Demonstrated bias for action and results, but with careful attention to detail.
- Reactive and responsive, taking full responsibility to resolve issues and regain momentum.
- Detail-oriented with effective time and project management skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and collaboration skills with experience presenting to diverse scientific and business audiences.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate degree (including PhD, master's and/or MBA).
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial role within life sciences.
- Experience with HubSpot.
Salary and Benefits:
The annual base salary compensation for this role, if based in California is: $140,000 - $160,000. Compensation may be different in other locations. Final compensation also includes bonus, equity and benefits. Specific offer packages are determined by multiple factors, including candidate skill, experience, expertise, and location.
✓ Healthcare ✓ Dental ✓ Vision ✓ Learning Allowance
✓ 401K ✓ Flexible PTO ✓ Short Term Disability ✓ Fitness Allowance
About The Company:
Founded and led by Dr. Matthew Hill and located in San Carlos, CA, Elegen is well-capitalized by top life science investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and KdT. The company is advised and staffed by leading biotechnology scientists and entrepreneurs, including Dr. Marc Unger, inventor of the Nanoflex™ valve, and former CSO of Fluidigm. Dr. Hill has a PhD from Stanford and a proven track record of advancing innovative technologies from invention to commercial success. Over eight years in his previous role as VP of R&D at a leading molecular diagnostics company, he co-invented and launched five precision molecular diagnostic products, including a best-in-class noninvasive prenatal test used by millions. These products earn more than $350 million per year in revenue and enabled an IPO.
Elegen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Elegen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law. All applicants have rights under the following Federal Employment Laws: