Intern - Medicinal Chemistry (m/f/d)
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Why join the Dewpoint team?
At Dewpoint, we’re all about working alongside amazing people. Our team members are at the heart of everything we do & it’s that passion for the science & possibilities that drive us.
Created for and with students in mind, Dewpoint offers a thrilling and lively internship/co-op program designed to give you an amazing experience in the lab and office setting. Dewpoint offers competitive pay, perks, and social & professional networking opportunities for everyone. In this program, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team.
What will you be doing?
We are searching for a Medicinal Chemistry Intern to join our interdisciplinary team focused to connect chemistry, biology and digital technology in the process of drug discovery and development.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany. Only applicants who are currently residing in Germany will be considered. The duration of the internship is 4-6 months.
In this role you will...
- Learn about methodology development, parallel synthesis, organic synthesis, analytic methods, and purification methods
- Plan and execute chemical experiments and analyze the reaction products
- Evaluate and interpret obtained data
- Keep track of your data via an electronic lab journal
- Gain hands-on experience and insights into the processes of industrial research and development
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and benefit from comprehensive training, guidance, and supervision
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
What do you need?
To do that you will need...
- To have just completed or be currently pursuing a master’s degree in chemistry
- A strong theoretical background in organic chemistry
- Initial practical experience in one or more of the following: Organic synthesis, parallel synthesis, structural characterization (NMR, MS), purification system (Puriflash. Prep-HPLC)
- Available for a 4-6 month internship
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn
- Reliable, careful, and structured way of working
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Join us and get hands-on experience from the leaders in condensate drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
Something looks off?