Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Cheminformatics (m/f/d)
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Cheminformatics to join our interdisciplinary team focused to connect biology, chemistry, and digital technology in the process of drug discovery and development.
As part of our growing Drug Discovery group, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of chemical biology strategies across our portfolio. You will be responsible for developing cheminformatics tools leveraging the power of digital chemistry to uncover the targets of hits from phenotypic screens and for understanding their mechanism of action of regulating key condensate biology in disease progression. These critical activities will help revolutionize our approach to the discovery and development of small molecule drugs.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will...
- Work in close collaboration with Data analysis team to apply AI/ML approaches to small molecules discovery and in the space of generative AI, leveraging the power of digital chemistry
- Drive the creation and utilization of tools to visualize project data, especially structure-activity relationships
- Develop and implement computational approaches to drive HTS evaluation, hit-expansion, lead identification and lead optimization programs
- Develop and apply cheminformatics tools to design novel molecules and predict their properties.
- Gather, curate, and present literature data relevant to all projects, enabling better decision-making
- Be part of project teams and collaborate closely with adjacent disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology, and DMPK
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need...
- A PhD in cheminformatics, chemistry, computer science or a related field
- 2+ years professional experience in computer-aided drug discovery
- Experience in developing and implementing cutting edge computational and informatics approaches in small molecule drug discovery programs with the strong background of chemistry
- Ability to perform complex data integration, analysis, and visualization to drive project team decisions
- Experience with cheminformatics analysis methods, AI/ML approaches, great knowledge of common deep-learning frameworks
- Knowledge of theory and practice of deep learning, image processing, natural language processing
- Programming experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Python), toolkits (e.g. RDKit) and knowledge of pipelining tools, (e.g. Knime) is required
- Familiarity with computational chemistry packages (e.g. Schrödinger, MOE, etc) is preferred
- A track record of scientific contributions evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and presentations at conferences
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
Something looks off?