Clinical Laboratory Scientist, contract
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
*This is an 8 month contract position*
In this role, you will be responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing for cancer detection via next
generation sequencing. You will work closely with automation, assay development and technology transfer scientists
to build scalable infrastructure within the Clinical Laboratory. You will be part of a cross-functional team working to
launch products for clinical use.
What you'll do
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures, analyses, and resulting of patient results per approved procedures
- Identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that may adversely affect the test performance
- Perform and document reagent manufacturing and qualification per approved procedures
- Verify instrument performance through inspection, calibration, and maintenance per approved procedures
- Organize and conduct the training of new and existing laboratory personnel on current and new procedures
What you'll bring to Delfi
- Must possess an active and valid Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) license issued by the state of California pursuant to Division 2, Chapter 3 of the California Business and Professions Code or to practice medicine, osteopathy, or podiatry pursuant to Division 2, Chapter 5 of the California Business and Professions Code appropriate to the specialty being performed
- 1+ years of Clinical Laboratory Scientist experience or equivalent
- Must fulfill requirements stated in 42 CFR 493.1489 or 493.1491
- Must fulfill requirements stated in the College of American Pathologists Molecular Pathology Checklist
- BS in Biomedical Laboratory Sciences, Clinical Science, or equivalent
- Ability to communicate complex technical results to a cross-functional audience
- Desire to learn about cancer genetics and contribute to a diverse, collaborative and mutually respectful working environment
- High complexity and volume laboratory experience
- Laboratory experience within the last year
- Experience with next generation sequencing, molecular biology techniques and automated liquid handlers
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.