Inside Sales Representative
Sales & Business Development
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Interested in helping to develop and commercialize cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
We are hiring for an inside sales representative to join our growing commercial team to support us in executing our sales strategy. You will be a highly motivated sales-driven individual who has a passion for qualifying leads from marketing activities to identify strong opportunities that will develop our sales funnel. You will be a part of our fast-growing commercial team and will have a unique opportunity to report to our chief commercial officer.
- Prospecting with customers and potential customers primarily by phone, email and occasionally face-to-face
- Qualifying leads from marketing activities to identify strong opportunities to develop the sales funnel
- Host customer and potential customer onsite visits to the company headquarters
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with across a broad territory
- Support sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers as needed
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files vital for accurate management of territory and pipeline
- Escalate any customer issues or potential problems to management; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Positively represent Deepcell at all times
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree; Biology or Science strongly preferred
- 1+ years life sciences/biotech sales experience required
- Proven selling ability
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Gmail
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer; must deliver excellent customer service
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites, sales meetings and for training events, if needed
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.