Senior Director, Product Management
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Deepcell is an early-stage Stanford spin-off company that has developed an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz, KDT, Casdin, and others.
As we expand our product portfolio and near commercialization, we are excited to bring on a Senior Director, Product Management to grow and oversee our current Product team!
As the Senior Director, Product Management, you will lead the team to develop products, in order to satisfy critical user needs both internally and externally, and ensure the performance and scalability of our products and services.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create a technical vision for the company and drive product strategy and intiatives to support Deepcell’s overall goals
- Identify customer needs, product gaps, and new business opportunities
- Provide guidance and leadership to the product team, ensuring they have the necessary resources, skills, tools and support to execute on the strategy
- Establishing goals, managing performance, fostering innovation, and promoting a collaborative work environment
- Lead with operational excellence, ensuring besting practices and standards in software development, product management, and quality assurance, including strong communication and documentation
- Represent Product at the executive leadership level, identifying prioritization and facilitating alignment among executive staff based on tradeoffs
- Develop processes needed to run product efficiently, prioritize product decisions, create timelines and launch products
- Establish KPIs and metrics to assess the success and impact of products and technologies
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape to inform product and technology strategies by attending conferences, networking with peers, and conducting ongoing research
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or M.S. preferably in a technical discipline, including biotechnology, engineering, computer science, computational biology, or related
- Familiarity with the life sciences or biotech industry strongly prefered
- A minimum of 12 years of product management and leadership experience
- Experience in startups, small companies, or other fast-paced, continuously changing environments is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Agile projects methodologies
- Demonstrated track record of successfully bringing products to market and leading a product organization
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.