Director, Systems Integration
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Interested in helping to develop and commercialize cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
The director, systems integration will report to VP hardware engineering and will work closely with other functions of the company, including R&D hardware, software, assay development, applications, data science, and bioinformatics as well as commercial and operational teams. The position is responsible for leading the system integration team in developing and commercializing Deepcell’s novel platform. The ideal candidate has a proven record of leading system integration functions in developing and launching life science or medical science instrumentation products. They would enjoy working at the interface of biology and engineering, leading, and building teams, being detail-oriented and self-motivated, while likewise being a team player who is excited about developing and realizing the potentials of new technologies.
- Work with leadership from diverse fields in areas of operations, commercialization as well as R&D to develop Deepcell’s product portfolio from concept through verification and validation (v&v), design transfer and commercialization
- Work closely with product management to define system requirements and specifications
- Work closely with hardware, software, assay development, applications, data science, and bioinformatics teams to develop and integrate biology workflows into Deepcell’s proprietary platform
- Manage and mentor a team of scientists and research associates in system integration group, manage budget, resources, and schedules
- Lead the system integration team in developing and optimization of standard operation, QC, and troubleshooting protocols on the Deepcell platform
- Lead the system integration team in design and execution of verification and validation plans relevant to internal product development processes, drive optimization and improvement of product performance
- Responsible for transferring protocols to field support team
- Represent or delegate system integration team to present plans and results in cross-functional core teams with diverse technical backgrounds
- Communicate regularly to leadership teams
- PhD in bioengineering, biomedical sciences, engineering, or similar fields with 7+ years of industry experience or Master’s in related fields with 10+ years of experience
- Proven record in leading teams in the development and launch of biotech / life science instrumentation products
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people and/or core team
- Experience working with microfluidic devices highly desired
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experiences in molecular and cell biology wet labs
- Familiarity with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) a plus
- Extensive experience with new product development phase review process
- Experience with quality control system a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced start-up environment
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.